jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Why Don't I have many fans?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Is my writing crap or something?

1. Lady_E profile image81
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Certainly not. smile

I visited your Hubs the other day, liked what I saw and Fanned you.  I'm sure your Fan Base will build up soon and SimeyC has given you some good advice.

shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Love you mate xx

2. aware profile image71
      awareposted 7 years ago in reply to this

im a fan of yours .

Love ya!

2. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

You need to make fans by posting in the forums or other people's hubs. If you do a search in the forums, there are about a zillion posts on this that offer up better advice than I have! Good luck!

3. SimeyC profile image90
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

There are several ways to get fans:

1) Create decent hubs - from the couple I looked at, you seem to have good content and decent hubs.
    2) Comment on other people's hubs - don't just say 'nice hub' but read the content and make a decent comment.
    3) Be selective with the people you become fans of, and constantly comment on their hubs - they'll usually become your fan.
    4) Become visible - post questions, answer comments on your hubs, answer questions, be active on the forums - you'll soon get a following.
    5) Try and get a hub in the 'hot' list - this can be difficult, but pick on your best hub and promote it heavily on the web to get a lot of traffic etc. - you'll find that a lot of readers will become your fan mainly due to the visibility of this one hub.

Thanks, this is really helpful. x

4. r2moo2 profile image60
    r2moo2posted 7 years ago

Well, I also do not have many fans. But why do you want to have many fans in the first place?

Actually, you have a point there.  Can anyone tell me why we have 'fans'?  Is it an ego thing or does it actually have an impact on our score/rating?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I dunno.  But I'm a bit uncomfortable with the whole idea of "fanning" (and I'm not saying that because I haven't got many fans - honest!)  A lot of people seem to go in for a tit-for-tat "you fan me and I'll fan you" arrangement, which seems a bit pointless.  Reminds me of working in an office and everyone sending each other Christmas cards even though they saw each other every day.

Yes, it seems a bit pointless x

2. profile image0
        Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The whole fanning system is, bottom line, a way for hubbers to kkep up on other hubbers they like to read. If I want to know when a hubber I like has produced a new hub, I simply check my fan list.

Of course, there are those who use fanning for different reasons, to support a friend/fellow hubber, boost a hubber's self esteem maybe, in hopes of getting a reciprocal fan. Some just think fanning sprees are fun I guess...who knows. But, having a lot of fans or a little, won't, in itself, raise your score. Famming or fan spamming sprees WILL, however drastically lower your score.

And you can't forget that fans can bring views and allow others a chance to see you. When someone fans you,it shows in hubtivity--so your name is seen. Someone may click your name to see what the fuss is about. Secondly, when you become a fan of a hubber, a short list of people they are fans of appears. If your name is on the list of a hubber I like, I may check you out.

So, they aren't pointless but should be used wisely. And, don't worry about how many fans you have--that number will undoubtedly grow as hubbers become more familiar with you. Just stay active!! big_smile

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image79
          Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sincere fans tell you what they liked as well as disliked about your writing, this means you can step by step improve and hone your writing skills and develop your ability to appeal to many types of readers, or choose not to as you wish, but it's like a thermometer that helps you gage when your work is hot, and when it's not so hot...point is...you have the freedom to revise or update at any time, which is one of the things that is soooo great about the Hubpages Community.

That really makes sense.  Thank you.. I must say that I am enjoying the process here. x

2. shazwellyn profile image83

Thanks for that.  I value you c

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Don't forget others outside of HP will fan you also wink your GA will show email subscribers too. big_smile don't despair, it takes time wink

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

you haven't been here that long, it takes time, also the reason you want fans??  some here use it for a popularity ego thing, but you will gain fans by good writing, participating and contributing to the community.

don't ask for them, that's way tacky IMO.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

btw, I wasn't saying you were asking for them, but some do. smile

working