jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How do you know which Hubs are making money for you?

1. Sonya Kanti profile image61
    Sonya Kantiposted 7 years ago

I'm about a month old when it come to Hubpages - and I have written about 6 hubs and generated a few bucks in one month - which is little but I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how do I know which hubs are working for me? Is there any way to tell? How do I know which hubs are getting clicks & which ones are not?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Get yourself signed up to google analytics smile then make channels which will show the ones earning and most popular big_smile hope this helps.

3. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

There is an option in Adsense to set up a URL Channel.

Set up each of your hubs as a URL Channel and the stats will show for individual hubs.

4. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 7 years ago

I use adsense url channels, one per url, but I'll run out of those soon as there's a limit of 200.

I also use Google Analytics.

I can see which are paying me from the url channels, I can see other stats from Analytics and with low volumes can try to work out how they got there, but they seem to take peculiar routes.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No you won't.  When you get close to the 200 limit, they increase it.  I'm in the mid 100s and mine's already been upped.

But note that those channels will only track from when you start them, they don't work retroactively.  So you have to remember to get them set right when you are ready to publish (or earlier) so that you have complete data.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Mind didn't increase when I hit 200, but maybe it eventually would have.  I opted to delete some old channels on hubs that aren't getting much traffic.

5. Sonya Kanti profile image61
    Sonya Kantiposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys for the help! I set up google analytics today - so that is done but what do you guys mean about adsense url channels? - Is that different from Google Analytics? If so, How do I set that up?

1. Jimmy Boyd profile image77
      Jimmy Boydposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sonya,

When you log in at AdSense, click on Advanced Reports near the top. Then look near the top for Manage Channels.

Click on that, and then near the middle of the page click on URL Channels.

Finally, you click on Add New URL Channels near the middle of the page.

You can then add a URL channel.

It is not really necessary to do this, though. As long as you have Analytics set up, it will give more detailed information, such as keywords used to find each page as well as AdSense tracking. Just make sure you link AdSense with your Google Analytics account if you haven't done so already.

2. livingsta profile image94
      livingstaposted 7 years ago

I gained some new information reading this forum..thanks to everyone who has posted

1. sandwichmom profile image60
        sandwichmomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I learned soemthing too- this will help me- I could not figure out the urls set up for analytics- thanks!

3. hudsonj1994 profile image61
      hudsonj1994posted 7 years ago

Yeah use the URL Channels, you can find them in adsense.