Maximum characters in link boxes?

1. ohohdon profile image79
    ohohdonposted 8 years ago

Are there a maximum number of characters that you can put in a link description and a photo caption?  I just finished adding some detail into my descriptions.  After properly saving everything and going to the preview, I noticed that they end of my description had been cut off.  The same happened to my photo caption.

My suspicion is that there is a maximum characters allowed.  If that is the case, why does HubPages leave it for us to figure out by trial and error, rather than to print it on the data entry box so that we know the limits before we waste a bunch of time, unnecessarily?

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Yes, there is a limit. I don't know why, but I have found it best to write everything I do in a separate document and then paste it in to the capsules. Including the text capsule, that way you don't lose anything if it doesn't work. smile

Take a look at darkside's hubs for some good advice on using the software.

3. ohohdon profile image79
    ohohdonposted 8 years ago

Thanks Mark.  That's a good suggestion.  In fact, with all the blogging, articles, hubs, lenses and other publishing that I've done, you'd think that I would have learned that by now - especially since there have been many times that I've spent significant amounts of time and then lost everything.

Take care,