jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

how do they give score,

1. profile image51
    sudhag79posted 9 years ago

how do they caluclate our money and how do they send us

1. trakker14 profile image59
      trakker14posted 9 years ago in reply to this

I just got thru chatting with an ADWORDS person, they  billed me for a whole month after I asked them to cancel my subscription. They tell me they can do that up to 60 days following a cancellation. This is a true rip off program. The advertise your "business". and i asked what business they advertised as i have none and she wouldnt answer me. Adwords has "stolen" all my  money from my meager little checking account and am now overdrawn.  All I got was a sorry. So be  aware of the consequences when you join up for something that promises one ting and delivers another.
      she  said i got  170 clicks in 4 days, funny on my end it said 4 clicks for the month. and what good is it if you  just pay out and get nothing back????

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

The title on the very first page of the AdWords site says:

Advertise your business on Google

No matter what size business you run, you can display your ads on Google and our advertising network. Reach users searching on Google or browsing websites in our content network, which can deliver your message to more people than any other ad network in the world.  Pay if people click your ads.

If you don't have a business, then it's not clear to me why you signed up for AdWords in the first place.

1. trakker14 profile image59
          trakker14posted 9 years ago in reply to this

I guess i read i could get more people to go to my hub if I did....nothing is really clear as far a s directions, I guess we are all supposed to be computer geniuses.So now I am a broke computer illiterate.

1. darkside profile image79
            darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I've been doing websites now for... it's been a while. I registered my first domain back in August 2000. I had been playing with it for a couple of years before that.

And I haven't yet used an Adwords campaign to drive traffic to any of my sites.

It's an option, but I wouldn't be doing it unless I knew how it worked inside and out, from the top to the bottom. Because that's the only way you're going to be able to maximize the benefits. Unfortunately you went into it blind. But that's not Adwords fault. I've come across plenty of people who have succeeded with an Adwords campaign. And also a few who have broken even or made a slight loss. But they knew less than me about Adwords.

I know just enough to know that I wouldn't be doing it unless I knew more.

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

HubPages does not make any direct payments.  You can find the answer to this, and many other questions by clicking on help in the upper right corner.  Specifically:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

big_smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Why did you repost that? That's the second time you have done that.

Bored?

4. mathan1234 profile image60
    mathan1234posted 9 years ago

I used an Adwords campaign to send people to a site that I had that was an Adsense funded site. I pretty much broke even on the campaign when it was all said and done. My site awareness was only higher WHILE I was using Adwords. Once I stopped, visitor levels dropped back.

There are times that using Adwords is an excellent fit. I know that if I would've spent a lot of time and energy into bidding for very low paying keywords and then directing those people to my higher paying keyword pages, I could've done better. But I really didn't feel like putting all of that work into it. Time was better spent working on good quality, original content, which is ultimately more valuable in the long run.

working