jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

1. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago

Anyone doing anything special for Thanksgiving this year? Having family over or eating a unique dish?

Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays of the year!

1. 0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I will be at my inlaw's house, bringing the food I have been assigned.
      We will be all prayerfull and "thankfull" for each other, and I will pretend no one ever actually said those shitty awfull things to me...about how they hate me and took their son/brother away from them....and I will be GENUINELY thankfull and happy that I am not alone, people do love me, I have a home to live in, and healthy chidlren, I have food to share, and I am alive!!

2. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

We're celebrating the 90th birthday of my husband's grandmother!

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

My son and some college friends are coming along with the usual suspects. I'll be doing what I'm told to do and hopefully watching some football.

WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ohhhh football...I almost forgot smile

Health Tips you have to work? Not fair!

I'll be spending time with my younger brother and his wife since they're flying in from the mid-west.

We'll be having some tasty turkey as usual. Anyone have unique dishes or food they're eating?

4. Daniel Carter profile image89
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

I'm finally getting to go home to my home near a resort lake, after a long absence, take friends and maybe kids and have a fab time. Lots of food, movies on the big screen, and just relax. It might be the last year of holidays there. It's up for sale. However, time will tell.

I make assignments for food and we cook in teams. Everyone pitches in and it's a blast. So looking forward to it. I have 13 people there last Thanksgiving, and I performed in two concerts. It was fun.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 7 years ago

We're having our usual huge good ol' Southern Thanksgiving feast with fried turkey, smoked ham, and barbecued Boston butts. Son-in-law is going hunting tomorrow, so maybe we'll have some venison, too. My entire family will be in attendance, along with a few close friends. We'll also have my Great Dane's birthday party then!

6. Health Tips Woman profile image76
    Health Tips Womanposted 7 years ago

I will be working.

1. 0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I suppose, be thankful you have a job?
      I will be thankful for you...

7. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 7 years ago

First off - my kids (and me) will be up early to watch Laurel & Hardy's "Babes in Toyland" while haveing a nice family breakfast together. Our tradition (caried over from my childhood)- we watch it every year!

Then we will be going to my parent's house. Everyone will be there; siblings, cousins, etc...

I will be making my rocking sweet potato pie (2 of them!). We light the fireplace for the first time that year and spend the day eating, watching the tv and then watching the men asleep on the couch until it's time for dessert.

WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yummy, that sweet potato pie sounds delicious! Do you have any pictures?

8. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

9. 0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

Nothing special just eating!!  I haven't decided if I'll be cooking at home or going over someones house to eat.

10. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago

We'll be eating turkey, despite the fact that some object to this.

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What time is dinner? I'll bring pumpkin pies...