jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Giving a Title to Your Hub before Writing it

1. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Hi All - I'm aware that you can edit your title after you come up with it, but that the URL doesn't change.  I usually do what many writers do before starting:  outline my topic, decide what links and photos, etc. to provide, etc.  However, invariably, it seems that after I flesh out the article, I want to tweak the title a bit.  (not to mention after its published in response to traffic, but that's an entirely different story....)  I usually write first, then title later, so this is a challenge for me.

Is there anything that can be done in the future so that we can draft hubs without committing ourselves to a URL until we are finished?  Just wondering.  Thanks - Steph

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You could write it into a word processor and then when it's ready, start the hub, choose the title and paste the text into the capsule. I do this as a matter of course so I do not lose any text on the odd occasion smile I have problems with the capsule disappearing big_smile

2. compu-smart profile image80
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Marks advice is very usefull...Also, If you are seriously dissatisfied with the URL once your hub is completed, you could also transfer all your contents to a brand new hub which you can name the url to your exact requirements...

2. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Great ideas - thanks both of you!  Steph

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I do exactly as Mark suggests.

Alternatively you could pick out a generic URL that's well within the context of your content.

For instance, I wrote a hub called "Cool Fonts - Where to Download & How to Install" and for the URL I went with http://hubpages.com/hub/fonts

There are benefits if I went with http://hubpages.com/hub/cool-fonts-wher … to-install (such as search engine indexing) but it's a real mouthful if I'm telling someone via word of mouth. And in the case of my fonts hub, I do: "Free fonts? Go to hubpages dot com slash hub slash fonts!"