jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Saving Topic Url?

1. Natural Medicine profile image61
    Natural Medicineposted 7 years ago

Please excuse me for asking these questions, really, I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find the answers, but can't.

I signed up for HP 18 months ago, and NOW I'm finally ready and able to make some hubs. I've been doing a lot of research and reading, and now have the headings and keywords for my 'bakers dozen' of hubs.

Should I click the 'start a new hub' button and at least get their url's saved or not?

I'm aware that getting a great keyword for url's is competitive, but is the practice of so-called 'grabbing your keyword url' accepted at HP or not?

by the way....HI! he-he, I'm Deb. 'Natural Medicines' here, Flowergardener at that other place.

1. LiamBean profile image88
      LiamBeanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You want to bear in mind that once you choose the hub title and fill in the keywords, topics, etc. and click "continue" your url becomes a fixture. So I'd advise choosing your title with care. That, or if you come up with a better title, you'll have to start a new hub, transfer the text, and delete the old hub.

2. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Just start creating the Hubs. I'm not aware of any "grabbing" on HP. If you are that concerned about it, as soon as you create them, save them immediately. Then start publishing them one by one.

That way your URL's are in place.

3. Natural Medicine profile image61

Thank you Lady E,
    I knew when I typed the word 'grabbing' that it wasn't exactly what I wanted to type. Yes, I'm concerned with having my 'url's in place'. On another free place, if you let the url's of your work set unpublished, it's 'ranking' gets worse in correlation of how long it has sat.

1. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

An unpublished Hub with no content will go down in ranking if you let it sit there just like it does at Squidoo.  (what's with the 'elephant in the room' thing?)  But unpublished Hubs have zero effect on your HubScore.

4. Natural Medicine profile image61

Thanks everybody, especially Relache. Don't know what you mean by the 'elephants in the room'? Didn't mean to imply or suggest anything....just wanted to know if it was derogatory to ranking and/or score....which you effectively answered, Thanks!

I actually just tried to input a url that had been taken, put it in the browser, and it came back as 'no longer published', but the url is still not available to me.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That would mean someone else has claimed it and either unpublished it or not even published it yet.

You would have seen this message:

When it says this, it's available:

5. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Welcome Deb!

A hub will start at 50. It will bounce along on the HubScore ocean and go up a little and down a little as you edit. When you publish it may be down (or it might be up) and provided the content is unique and you get a little traffic, it will start to climb slowly.

HubScore works differently than Lensrank. As you're not strictly competing with others. A hundred people can have 100 as a HubberScore. You can have more than one hub on the same score. It's scoring, not a rank (like a ladder).

Your Adsense profitability isn't affected by HubScore either.

I know you. I know your work. You should do very well (and I'm not just talking about HubScore, but in article quality and search engine indexing).

6. Natural Medicine profile image61

Hey Relache,
    I'm sorry, didn't intend to get your bristles up. After I thought a bit about it, maybe I shouldn't have scooted around the word Squidoo.

I'm new here. You're not.

I don't know if I should walk on egg-shells or not.....but thanks for answering my questions truthfully.

1. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's not a dirty word, so don't be afraid to mention it if it helps clarify a question.  LOTS of folks here write at both places.

7. Natural Medicine profile image61

Thanks Darkside!
    I was typing when you were replying!
    So happy to be conversing with you again, I've missed ya!

working