jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

Do you find being positive rewarding

1. 0
    BIKTMIAposted 7 years ago

Biktmia, new to the board and interested in finding out your views about being positive. Do you feel it is rewarding inwardly to be positive or not. What makes you the happiest.

1. sdossey profile image60
      sdosseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Being positive is always best for everyone.  You feel better the people around you feel better.  Your health has a lot to do with the way feel about yourself.  Positive-feel good  Negative-feel bad.  Being positive has caused me to be successful.

2. Sandy Thorn profile image61
      Sandy Thornposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am a firm believer that happiness comes from within, and even though circumstances can influence our happiness we can always choose how to react to them. Choosing to be positive makes me happier overall and draws other happy people towards me, which is much better than attracting negative people.  Personally, a few years ago I decided not to waste my time with people who are always negative.  Life is too short!

[I'm a newbie here.  This is my first post ...]

2. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

I like being negative-- brings out the best in me (sarcasm) yikes

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Although your sarcasm is charming.

Personally I spent 5 decades being very dark. It's nice to temper it with some positive stuff and a dash of optimism, although I haven't lost my draino-drain-cleaner skepticism and wit. I just save it for the deserving.

3. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

I find being positive helps create luck or more positive experiences when you least expect them.

Although, to react negatively is impulsive and takes a lot of conscious effort to stay positive.

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do think that if we are continually dark, we just teach everyone around us to not respect us, avoid us, and do a lot of self sabotaging and self fulfilling prophecy (doomsday, failure stuff). What's in your head is what you're living. Clean up the trash in your head, and life seems to get better everywhere around you.

4. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

I have a negative and dark personality. I admire people that are positive. I just can't seem to change gears.

5. k@ri profile image82
    k@riposted 7 years ago

I am a pretty positive person.  As timturner stated, it does take conscious thought to keep a positive attitude.  I find that concentrating on the positive aspects of life reduces anxiety and stress.  This does not mean I cannot see the downside of situations...just that I try to concentrate on what good there is in them.

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

so far some great comments, we've all been around those negative vibes, no fun.

our thoughts are energy, I prefer positive~~  it's like light energy.

although I do have this dry wit at times which may come across as sassy but really is just play or sarcasm if someone is dishing it out.

7. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

Positive is happy...negative is unhappy!

So I'll go with positive!

8. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Positive is better. Being negative and depressed leads to hurting yourself and sometimes permanently.

9. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

Attitude is super important to me.  If I had to pick one quality of a person I'd have to spend time with every day (like my wife), it would be a positive upbeat attitude.  I try and think positive and yes, I find it rewarding.  Anytime I can switch from a negative thought to a positive thought, I instantly feel better. Feeling better is rewarding in a sense.

10. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

These are some great comments.  Yes, I do find that being positive is rewarding and got me a lot further in life than being negative.  Other people respond so much better to positivity and are happier around a happier person.  If you send out positivity and helpfulness in waves, it ripples back to you in unexpected ways.  I've been both blessed and aided by the number and quality of positive people I've met. big_smile

11. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Optimistic = Positive.

So, Yes- I like being positive.

12. Jenny30 profile image58
    Jenny30posted 7 years ago

A positive attitude puts you in a state of mind and body for greater success, joy and healthier relationships!! smile

13. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

I am generally a positive, happy person and I find things work better that way then when I am negative. Also when I feel negative I get depressed and thats not good for anyone.