jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Constructive Criticism please?

1. Lissa Lynn profile image80
    Lissa Lynnposted 7 years ago

Hi, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate any feedback on this hub I wrote smile Thanks!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Ten-Bands-I-Put … ist-I-Make

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

You did a really good job. Lots of good info, mix of media and text. Nicely done.

Your punctuation in the first paragraph, however, needs a lot of help. Maybe it's just me, but it made the first paragraph really difficult to read.

Your hub is already indexed. Are you getting Google traffic from it yet?

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Lissa - as hubs go, a great effort. I thought it was your first but I see you've written several. I'm also assuming it was written for pleasure and not for commercial purposes - despite the Amazon capsules.

As lrohner says, the punctuation is a little messy in the first paragraph but that's it, elsewhere you've nailed it.

Love The Cure by the way, can't fault you there. Well done and welcome to HubPages smile

4. Lissa Lynn profile image80

Thanks for the replies, I just went back and tried to fix up the first paragraph.  I think I was so anal about the rest I forgot to edit the first.  I noticed I wasn't getting much traffic there and thought I'd see what people thought. Thanks for the help! smile
    Fyi-it was written for pleasure.

5. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

You've got the comment on the hub, but this is outstanding.

Not bad for three weeks in--can't wait to see you really hum along!

6. TimTurner profile image78
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

It's good but I think there are waaaay to many Amazon links.  Maybe cut it down to 1 or 2 per band.

But I'm glad The Cure, Better Than Ezra, Matchbox 20 and Tori Amos made the list.

We have a lot in common with music!

7. Lissa Lynn profile image80

Thanks everyone so much for the help! Tim, I was actually thinking of doing that, with the Amazon links..I think 4 is the default and I was just checking it out to see how it looked, lol. smile