jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Sunrise

1. apricot profile image72
    apricotposted 7 years ago

Just a wee question to anyone who has the time..... sunrises? 
    Does anyone have a particular sunrise that stays in mind? (it doesn't have to be particularly spectacular)  Or an early morning that is memorably (in a positive way)
    And also, for anyone who doesn't like mornings can you remember any earning mornings that you have appreciated and why?
    I'm not a psychologist - it's just idle curiosity, 
    cheerio
    Apricot

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Belmont on Lake Macquarie (near Newcastle, NSW, Australia), for me, had the most beautiful sunsets. Every evening was a different experience. An explosion of colour behind a silhouette of anchored boats. It was gorgeous.

1. arthriticknee profile image86
      arthritickneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You a Novacastrian Darkside?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Was. I'm far from the beach or lake now. Out with the kangaroos (and lots of cows).

3. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

here in unpolluted Skerries, a small harbour village in Ireland, not too far from Dublin..... We have the most beautiful sunsets, every time it is different, and cast beautiful colours making the small town,with it's working wind mills, look absolutely divine, there are seals in the water also, so it is a relaxing place to go.

4. apricot profile image72
    apricotposted 7 years ago

What lovely sunrises!  I wish I was poetic enough to appreciate one but the only thing I can think about is my breakfast in the morning - I'll make do with people's descriptions instead. 
    Got to get at my tea and toast...

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago
    1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol, that music...

sunrise when I was 18 and I was traveling to the big city,to go to college.. the silhoutte of the rays of the sun mixed with the trees made me teary eyed. (maybe I was missing my family---but Iam off for a new beginning).

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't like the music? How about some black humor then? http://www.sunriseseniorliving.com/ lol

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

sunrises and sunsets are really beautiful here on the Gulf of Mexico, the west coast of Florida. the sunsets are breathtaking.

7. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Hi, I have some sunrise photos in my Hub 'Catching The Sun Photos' where people stand in the landscape at sunrise and look as if they're holding on to the Sun! It's such a cool idea for a memorable sunrise photo if you ever get the chance to try it.

working