jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Do not trust Today.com

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I was a blogger for Today.com. I hadn't posted to my blog since early September. They had said if you didn't post in 3 months your account would be disabled.

This month I finally reached the payout of $50. This morning I get an email that my account was disabled. That money has just disappeared.

I was just waiting until I got my payout. Before I posted last month I hadn't posted for 2 months before that and they didn't disable my account then. I hadn't posted this time for 6 weeks.

There was a big thing a few months ago when they disabled the accounts of others earning money because they spoke out against some policies.

I am so angry I could spit...

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about that !!
      I'm sure you could !!!

2. mcbean profile image83
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

Never heard of them but won't be signing up if I do, thanks to you.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Check your email, UW. Just sent you something.

4. hindleyite profile image58
    hindleyiteposted 7 years ago

I've been with with Today.com for ten months and never had any real major problems, but it's one of those sites you actually have to be blogging pretty much every day, as I've been extremely fortunate to have the time for, to get anything out of.

I find Today has a very good PageRank -- perhaps not as good as it used to be -- but it's great as another outlet for exposure if you aren't bothered about relinquishing rights to your work.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81

I know part is my own fault but the fact that I had a break and they didn't disable my account. It's funny, I was actually going to blog there yesterday but got too busy. Obviously I had lost interest and was just waiting for payment.

I guess they can get picky about the rules when they have to decide if they will pay you the money you earned for them or not.

6. hindleyite profile image58

I think Today used to be a lot better for bloggers with regards to pay, but new members these days would probably be better served elsewhere if they're looking to get some cash for their blogs.

With regards to the account closures, AFAIK those bloggers continued to breach the terms of service after being warned more than once.

Best to just draw a line under it and leave it be. wink

7. Uninvited Writer profile image81

Yep, I have other irons in the fire that don't take 2 years to earn $50 smile

It'll just be filed under mistakes...

8. hindleyite profile image58

Well, you have to speculate to accumulate. The experience will stand you in good stead. Good luck!

9. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear this UW as I am sure you still worked hard to earn the $50. Why should they be allowed to get away with this? I do hope Irohner has sent you some info on how to get your money. You have earned it after all.

10. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Geeze UW no wonder your p****d off. You worked for that money and they don't pay you! I hope there is something you can do to get it.

1. Pearldiver profile image85
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is... A Hub with a good PR (as an independant report)might be worth $50 to them hmm

11. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

The blighted buggers.  Hope they have a mass exodus of writers; maybe, if you're in the Literary Guild, you could get a boycott going.  That worked with US TV series.  The writers finally won.