jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

The Time It's Taking to Index Articles

1. seamist profile image82
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with Google taking a long time to index articles? After I publish an article, it's taking them about 4-5 days to index it. It's frustrating because lately I've been writing about unemployment. By the time Google indexes it it's old news.

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

All the more reason to write evergreen content! smile

1. seamist profile image82
      seamistposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not really. Most of my articles are evergreen content, and if it wasn't for the unemployment articles this month, I would still be waiting another year for my first payout.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Lately I've been having new Hubs indexed in about 8 hours.

4. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

My first one took about 10 days.

I just wrote 3 more yesterday so we'll see how long they take.

5. seamist profile image82
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Well, I don't understand what is going on with may accout and Google. I've been writing here for almost 14 months and hav 105 hubs posted so it's not like my account is new. All I can say is it's frustrating. If they were all evergreen hubs, like Irohner suggested, it wouldn't matter, but when they are time sensitive hubs it does matter. Thanks everyone who has answered this thread so far.

6. JamesCurtis profile image61
    JamesCurtisposted 7 years ago

Do you post links for them or just wait for Google to find them naturally? If I want to get indexed quickly I put links on my blogs and on some active related forums.

1. PeterBoston profile image60
      PeterBostonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can't speak from experience for Hubs but I agree with the above. As a general rule Google will find your page much faster if there is a link to it from another page that gets indexed regularly.

7. Jenn Knows profile image61
    Jenn Knowsposted 6 years ago

I see the same problem lately.  It's not for hubpages only.  Google seems to be slow for the last few weeks to index new content.  I'm experiencing it on my other sites also.

I hope it's not a new google algorithm update.