jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Why Don't We Have A National Hubber Convention In A Central U.S. City?

1. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

I think this would be a cool idea to get everyone together for an event like this. Any input?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Would be fun, but lets not exclude tose outside of US also they contribute a lot to.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image80
        Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd love that, let's get together for real!

2. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

Sounds great...my house next Friday...I'll supply the Guinness...you guys bring the BBQ stuff!

Seriously though - it is a good idea....problem is to try and accommodate all the overseas peoples..Australia, UK, India etc...

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Let's have multiple ones...those who can travel, will.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image80
      Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We could set up skype or some video so everyone at the parties can see ....

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Ok, but no liberals. Well ok, the liberals can come but no gays. Allright, the gays can come but no Irish. Never mind the Irish thing my wifes Irish! Yea, and the Canadians have to bring beer! Maybe we shouldn't invite the Californians they think their just too cool and they smell funny, I think it's from the water they steal from Arizona. I think the people in Arizona are peeing in it! Just some thoughts.

5. Carmen Borthwick profile image80
    Carmen Borthwickposted 7 years ago

Awesome idea, if we could pull it off it would be quite a fete.

6. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 6 years ago

I think it's a great idea and I'm bumping this thread so that others can also voice their thoughts smile

7. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Its a great idea for those that are on hubpages for fun, but for those that are here for money.... spending money on travel and accommodation kind of defeats the object.

1. donotfear profile image91
      donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is a solution to the expense/travel thing. Ready?
      Yep, that's right. Book your Priceline room in whatever city we hold the convention. Reserve flight reservations way in advance to save $$$. You can stay cheap and live high on the hog by bidding through Priceline. I stayed in 5 star hotel in Victoria, BC for 39.00 a night.  You can get the Hyatt for reasonable pricing too.  So what city should we have it?  Should it be in the home town of Hubpages?  I was thinking somewhere more centrally located in the center of the country.   Ideas?  Maybe the Hub offices could get involved.