jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I recently wrote a Hub on the Forums! It made me think.

1. mandybeau1 profile image61
    mandybeau1posted 7 years ago

Imagine if we were all the same. How totally boring. There are people on here I couldn't bear to be like and others (mostly) I find inordinantely interesting.
    If we  agreed all the time, we would all have the same clothes taste, the same job intersts, Hell we would probably all have the same occupation. We would all have the same Houses, furniture etc., drive the same car watch the same movies. There would be isolated pockkets of activity that none of us would enjoy, and packed out Events, we couldn't get near.
    Its not stirring to be different or to disagree, it is ignorance to expect someone else to share your opinions, for after all that is all they are.
    YOUR OPINIONS What do you think on the subject??????????????

2. wesleycox profile image81
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

I think you are on to something here.  We are all different for exactly that reason.

1. mango babe profile image60
      mango babeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you smile

3. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 7 years ago

If we weren't different we would not bother interacting with each other. So I think it is this difference that is keeping the world together in forms of relationships, family, friends etc.

4. 60
    Linda Hposted 7 years ago

I recently watched an episode of Oprah where they reported on the different attributes that are considered attractive in different countries and it was fascinating! Countries where a pale complexion is considered important,countries where a tan is top priority, places where you should be wafer thin, places where bigger is better, sometimes even the more times you have been divorced the more attractive you become!
    Within all of these obviously there were brave souls swimming against the tide.
    It really made me think, if there is so much diversity on just one subject, then maybe the world isn't doing quite so bad as we thought? Yes there are still wars but you know I think that as more and more people get access to the web the tide for peace will grow.
    Hopefully also the tide to stop mistreating the planet.

5. hudsonj1994 profile image61
    hudsonj1994posted 7 years ago

Dude I don't understand half the stuff you are saying.

1. mango babe profile image60
      mango babeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is simple, we are all different, I agree. You and I are very different. Nice Hubs I have looked at yours.

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

While I'll admit to sometimes kind of thinking the world would make me happier if everyone thought the way I do  lol  lol , I also really do value the different opinions of others.  Everyone walks in different shoes and forms opinions based on viewing life through different eyes.  Some different opinions (formed by someone in very different shoes) may be something that help me understand someone/something else better.  Even those "off-the-wall" opinions (like blanket statements about "all Americans" or "all women" or "all anybody") can be eye-opening as far as helping us see what we're dealing with in this world.  Besides, for those of us who enjoy exercising our brains with a good debate, different opinions are necessary.  Different opinions aside, I very much enjoy the fact that we're all different.  In societies where the aim is to make sure everyone is "as much the same as possible" things aren't good.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'll always agree with you Lisa... I'm glad you don't always agree with me lol