jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Somethings bothering me...

1. apricot profile image81
    apricotposted 6 years ago

An interesting question occured to me this morning, although perhaps it's been asked hundreds of times already - it regards Ebay and Amazon:
    I want to buy a specific Dvd off Ebay/Amazon soon and I was wondering - if that Dvd (or any article, for that matter) is inserted into someone's hub, I presume I can purchase it like anyone else?
    But,if I were to ask outright if anyone has written a hub on a particular article so I can buy it through them - is that cheating?
    And if I were to write a hub myself on the article - is that a blatant no-no?
    Yours curiously,

1. Jackson Riddle profile image69
      Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll put a link in one of my hubs if you want? What dvd is it?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It makes no difference the actual product link that you click, it is the cookie you go in to amazon or ebay on. wink

3. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you go to anyone's hub with an Amazon capsule (and provided they do in fact have an Amazon Associate (affiliate) account, then yes, there's a 60% chance they'll get the commission (or HubPages gets it, and that's not a bad thing either).

Whether you buy it, or something else in the session, it will be credited to that person.

You can't buy your own though. Amazon will track it. And they won't credit your account with the sale.

2. apricot profile image81
    apricotposted 6 years ago

ok, thanks for that!