Domain Extensions?

1. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

In the opinion of whoever answers - which is best, .com .net .info .what?

There's quite a few and before I decide irrevocably, is there one that is better, or does it not matter?

Thankyou in advance smile

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

.com for sure.

After that it depends on what the sites content and its aim.

A .org might be appropriate. Or a .info. Perhaps a a .biz if it's more business related.

I've probably only ever owned two .net's. Both have long since lapsed.

I try and avoid hyphens in a domain. Which is why I'll opt for a 'runner up' TLD rather than go with a hyphenated .com. While I'm not crazy about them I wouldn't rule them out completely. It'll depend on a lot of factors and whether or not it can still be branded.

A lot of the time it comes down to personal taste. I've seen some horrid looking domain names with various extensions. And the owners wanting to sell it for obscene amounts. If they were still on the free market I wouldn't even bother paying the 10 or 15 bucks to own it. You can't reason with a person like that, it's worse than a person suffering from aggressive narcissism.

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Ahhh ok DS. I was thinking .com but wasn't 100% sure. .com does mean I'll have to work a little harder though. I'll take a rain check on the aggressive narcissism - better stuff to spend my money on.

Thankyou smile