If you could hang-out on a porch awhile-kick back-and converse

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (41 posts)
  1. manlypoetryman profile image79
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Which Hubber would you like to chat with for awhile?

1. wesleycox profile image70
      wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ralwus, Myownworld, Dohn121, Ryankett, Poetlorraine, Pachuca, hmrjmr, Just to name a few.

2. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too many!  I'd love some quiet time discussing poetry with the many great poets here.

I'd like to sit on the porch and have cocktails with the gurus here, do a brainstorm & critique session to learn more about writing.

And of course there are some ladies here I'd like to just sit back with and enjoy girlfriend conversation.

3. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

James A Watkins, Jiberish, Rawlus, pgrundy, Misha, T_Augustus, Texan, Ralph Deeds.......

4. starme77 profile image78
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

don't we do that allready here in the forums?

2. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Breakfastpop, Habee, Partisan Patriot,Jibberish, JamesBenjimanJrMD and James A Watkins just to mention a few on my list, all have very interesting hubs and comments.

3. readytoescape profile image61

Oh yeah, and that guy on the tractor

manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same to ya'...but I'd have to run out to the store for some cool Budweisers...usually like the Miller variety myself.

1. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dont worry about that I bring'em

Good deal...there's a mighty cool breeze out on the porch this morning...and a mist out on the lake...Thinking about bringing the TV out on the porch to watch some games...as well.

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Are beers involved? hmm

prefer scotch, but cool bud will work

5. readytoescape profile image61

I was just reading some of the poems about your step-son, they are quite moving. You have my condolences and my thanks for his service and sacrifice.

6. readytoescape profile image61

Sounds like great way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon, Here in Fla we'll be sitting at a Tiki Bar of sorts along side The Harris Chain of Lakes

yeah...it's all good for relaxin'...we work too hard for a living during the week...ya' kmow? Hanging out at a Tiki Bar in Florida...sounds like pretty awesome way to enjoy a fine day...as well!

7. readytoescape profile image61

I did most of my football watching yesterday

8. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

For me, it would be a toss-up between Lyricsingray and WSP2469.

9. readytoescape profile image61

Yep, gonna ignore the chores and the Honey-do list today

10. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi there all, I want to talk to everybody right now because I am still new and the people here are obviously all intelligent, also to those who would like to talk to me too.

Don't get too excited, some of us aint that smart,

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, i think you all are in this particular forum now..lol

Alright, your letting the flattery gland show a bit, But welcome

lolol, thanks

2. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pretty !

hi tantrum, youve got nice articles, youre very artistic,thansk for allowing me to be ur fan!!

11. readytoescape profile image61

Pretty you have an awful lot of hubs posted in a relatively short period of time, pretty prolific, how'd ya do it?

used to write in bits and pieces, put it in a notebokk, and yeah I used to write, then my freind recommended this one, have nothing to do, no job so I write it and repelenish some...from sunday to saturday lol....

just resigned from the university i used to work...but i needed to have a life soon also,,,,difficult like this thogh...to while away my time also, lot of things going on, writing makes me forget things.....

12. readytoescape profile image61

well congrats,50 hubs 50 fans, I gave your work a cursory glance and they look pretty good, I'll be back to read more

thank you so much...but they are not the best..

Okay, I'll wait til you post the best then, Earmark'em

ok, am wrtitng about a tribute to filipino overseas worker right now, no data so it takes time but I really like this one...the others are just like figments of my mind and past things I wanted to write...

13. manlypoetryman profile image79
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

That's cool...Jane@CM...I think it would be great to sit back with some of the writers and friends that we all have here...and brainstorm...or just explore new ideas or what folks like to write on. Or...just talk about everyone's different ideas and writing in general. It would seem we all have plenty ideas on a wide-range of topics...Just look at all the Topics on Forums...alone!

14. M Burger profile image60
    M Burgerposted 14 years ago

The hubber I'd most like to sit and chat with would be Itakins. Her hubs are very entertaining. Anyone who can come up with the Marielle Stories has GOT to be an interesting one! Plus, she lives in the country I've most wanted to visit.

1. itakins profile image71
      itakinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey MBurger,chuffed, really chuffed.Thanks so much.The cheque is in the post!

I'd like to hang out on my porch with M Burger,Stars439,Aware,James Watkins,Tina Irene,Mupes,Quill and -Sgscalese-

1. M Burger profile image60
        M Burgerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I would deff say Frogdropping, Darkside, pgrundy, UW, Mark Knowles and ralwus. I would have added General Howitzer, but his "hehehe" would make me toss him/her off the porch in less than 5 minutes. smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

16. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I would hang out and chat or just sit and drink a beer in silent enjoyment of good company, with any one of my fans, or anyone I have fanned, or pretty much anyone who wanted to hang out with me. There are far too many different interetsing creative funny people here to pick just one or two.

17. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

Seems there are lots of interesting people and I'm new and would have a hard time choosing, but I'm so intrigued with tantrum.
    (Hi tantrum.)

18. Paradise7 profile image71
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I think ralwus, AND Catherine R, AND RGraf, AND Patty English.  It'd be an interesting group.  I'd love to sit and listen.  Veronica, too, I'd not want to miss her.  Lots of people, I wouldn't like to limit it to just one, I'd love to have a party going and invite everyone.

19. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I can't imagine how to pick just a few from such an incredible group - the humor, the intelligence and the wide thought processes are amazing.   (BTW - I've had the distinct honor to hang out with James Watkins and he is everything he is cracked up to be and more.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)