jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Random Hub Button

1. Answer Man profile image59
    Answer Manposted 7 years ago

I really enjoy surfing through the StumbleUpon thingy, and thought that Hubpages might have a similar widget. 
    For example, we could have a button that randomly selects a 'hot' Hub, or a 'Popular' Hub based on traffic.

This would be better, in my opinion, than Hubpages selecting what they think is the best Hub for surfers to go to. 

If a random button was installed in addition to the selection of what Hubpages editors think is worth reading, then we could have a happy balance between the Hubs available, and those that human editors consider 'worthy'.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

There used to be (and still may be, for all I know), a neat feature which brought up a collage of thumbnails - you could then click on the picture that appealed to you, and it would take you to that Hub.  Next time you went back to the collage, it would give you a different selection.

I used to have the link to it - but it always seemed a waste to me, that there wasn't an obvious link from the Homepage so visitors could find it.

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Where on the page would this random hub hopping button be?

4. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I think if the related hubs were more related, then that would be just as fine. I've seen where the related hubs have nothing to do with the hub the user is on, not even in the same category. I think it works in most cases, though.

I think there's enough stuff that can direct people off your hub that we don't need another option for people to click on other stuff. I'd rather someone click an affiliate link if they were going away from my hub.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I agree that our hubs have enough leaks on them, without adding another one. I put a lot of time into off-site SEO to drive traffic to my hubs; and I wouldn't appreciate a random hub button at all.