jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

inserting tracker into url

1. maggs224 profile image91
    maggs224posted 6 years ago

I have got my tracker but where and how do I insert it into one of my hub links url? I want to put it into a link from part one of a hub to part two of the hub and I just keep getting there is no hub by that name this is so frustrating.

2. livewithrichard profile image87
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Place the tracker right after the .com/ and before /hub

example: ht tp://hubpages.com/_YOURTRACKERHERE/hub/A-Tourists-Guide-to-Tombstone-Arizona

3. maggs224 profile image91

thanks Richard I will go and try that now

4. wesleycox profile image81
    wesleycoxposted 6 years ago

What is this tracker supposed to do for you?

1. livewithrichard profile image87
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

With a tracker you can track where your traffic is comming from.  If you post comments on blogs then make a tracker for blogs, if you post links on forums then make the tracker for that forum.  With the tracker you can also get referrals who will sign up under you and you can earn a part of their adsense earnings.

5. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Why not insert a link to it at the end under, "For part II click here" and/or group them together, which will show a link just above the comments capsule

6. maggs224 profile image91

Hi Richard I have just tried what you suggested on one of my links at the bottom of the hub page just before the comments on a link for Shoshone falls hub at the moment I have the old link which works and the new link which doesn't could you go and look and see what I am doing wrong please? This is the page
    http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Tourists-Guid … ou-Springs
    This is what I got with the tracker inserted URL
    We're sorry, that page could not be found!

If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.
    If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link.
    Or check our tag pages for your keywords:

7. maggs224 profile image91

Hi I am not very smart on this side of things I have just used links in the past on my pages to other hubs dealing with similar subjects but then I read that I should be using referral trackers I tried to do it first on a two part hub on Debt but just got myself into a right mess then I tried it on another page with the same results. I don't think I understand all this tracker stuff which is plain to see from the results I am not having. As to what I want from this is the increased traffic that it is supposed to generate or have I got that wrong too? Please be patient with me I am really trying to understand and maximise my hubs they need all the help they can get.

8. livewithrichard profile image87
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

You have to put an underscore before your tracker...

example:  /_rtother/hub/

9. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

here are two very helpful hubs which take you step by step and explain what trackers do for you.

this link helps for HP and other sites also

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-use-a-TR … h-diagrams

hope this helps. it took me a while to get it too.

10. maggs224 profile image91

Richard you are a real star I put the underscore in and it worked a treat. Rebekah thanks for the info I will look at them I need all the help I can get. Wescox and readytoescape thanks for your input. Thanks to you all you have really helped me get something done that I have been trying to do on my own for months will very little success, I think I will be able to do it from now on, why don't they just show you like Richard has with easy to follow examples? Thanks for being such a helpful friendly lot I really appreciate your help.