New hubbers - stick with it and with time look what can happen!

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (39 posts)
  1. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

Not normally one for blowing my own trumpet but I have been away from Hubpages for a while due to personal commitments, however upon my return today I discover that I have broken through 100,000 page views and 300 fans.

This has been done in 8 months and with 34 hubs.  More amazingly, many of my first hubs weren't that good at attracting traffic.  It just goes to show new hubbers that if you stick with it, anything is possible.  If I can do it anyone can!

1. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hurrah!  Well done you.

I think it's the cute mouse photo that draws them in you know smile

1. BristolBoy profile image62
        BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does it look like a mouse?  It's meant to be a squirrel!

1. earner profile image81
          earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! I always thought it was a mousey!

I was watching a squirrel in my garden this morning, they're cute smile

I joined your fan club too.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
          mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always thought it was a squirrel smile

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One GREAT achievement!!!

Well done boy!

3. susansisk profile image81
      susansiskposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i know you were very happy about that!  it is great to hear success stories.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

congrats...I hope to be one like you soon...

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

It's good to have you back BristolBoy! And I'm glad that your hubs did well in your absense. Hope you'll be able to be around Hubpages a little more.

4. profile image0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 14 years ago

I love hearing the success stories! Congratulations.

5. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Well Done BB.. A great Welcome Home smile
    Quality result for quality work!

6. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Congrats Bristol Boy! You've done exceedingly well.

7. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I always thought it was a rabbit.

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Bristol Boy I still love your avatar and it is definitely a squirrel. It has a certina undefinable panache. I was surprised when you showed your real face that you're so young. Really had this picture in my mind of a distinguished older gentleman.

9. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

congrats Bristol Boy! And nice to see you back wink

10. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Well done Bristol Boy, it's always great to see a Hubber doing so well, and it is a great encouragement to keep slogging on

11. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Well played Bristol Boy, I hope the views also converted into dollars to give you many nuts for that rainy day smile

12. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Wohoo look who is back!!! Good to know about the traffic and the hubs. Hoping to see more interesting hubs from your side.

13. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Congratulations BristolBoy - That's quite an achievement even if you're active on Hubpages . It's an amazing achievement in your absence.

Welcome back. smile

14. r2moo2 profile image59
    r2moo2posted 14 years ago

Well done! 34 hubs to archieve 100,000 page views in 8 months, thats great!

15. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Great job bristal boy!

16. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Good to see you back, Bristol.  What an accomplishment!  Great job!

17. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Congrats, and thanks for the encouragement.

18. BristolBoy profile image62

I am back for good.  Expect to see yet more hubs from me in the future.  Sorry to disappoint your expectations of me Nelle!

19. Cheri Schultz profile image59
    Cheri Schultzposted 14 years ago

I am glad to hear your accomplishments.. Sometimes you look at your account and wonder why the numbers are not increasing, but with yout results PATIENCE is the name of the game..  We all just need to hang out and wait, while writing new hubs.  Great Job!!!

20. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Great job, BB! And glad you're back. Was wondering where you had wandered off to...

21. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Great job BB  People have to realize that when it comes to doing anything online that may result in earning money it will take time.

Keep up the great work

22. Jerilee Wei profile image69
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  You are so right, it's all about perserverance.  Excellent achievement.

23. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

BristolBoy, congratulations!

24. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Impressive Stats...Liked the fact that you took the time to encourage others who are starting out. I'm going to make sure and become a "Fan" of someone who can encourage!

25. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

That is an awesome accomplishment. Deff shoes that quality of hubs rates higher than quantity. 100,000 page views rocks!
    How many bags of nuts did you have to give away to your little squirrel pals to view your hubs? Just kidding big_smile.
    Seriously. Always good to see someone sharing their success here.
    High five and swish tails to you BB!

26. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

That's impressive.  Great job!

27. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  It's quite a milestone. The HubPage group is quite inspiring and you've just earned another fan!

28. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

WOW, Congrats BristolBoy, that is an awesome accomplishment. Thanks for sharing and keeping hope alive for us, newbies!

29. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Excellent news.  I love to hear stories like this.  Well done.

30. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

Thank you for the positive outlook. New hubber here.

31. BristolBoy profile image62

Thanks for all your kind words!

32. beefsteakcharlies profile image58
    beefsteakcharliesposted 14 years ago

Good times. Its always reassuring to hear success stories. Dont get too successful though or the media will have to try and bring you down

33. Robthom43921717 profile image60
    Robthom43921717posted 14 years ago

Well done. It's always nice to know that things do get better the longer your at HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)