jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon experts... need some help here

1. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

With Christmas fast approaching, I've been putting together more hubs that are meant to prompt Amazon sales. I'm definitely getting interest in them; my traffic to them is good so far, and I've gotten plenty of people who are interested enough that they've clicked on my Amazon product links. However, I have yet to actually secure a sale. Any advice, or is this just a numbers game, where once enough people "take a look around the shop," so to speak, someone will eventually buy? Thanks.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Yep, you got it. It's a numbers game. Honestly think hundreds of hubs if you want to make steady money from Amazon and Ebay.

Amazon is one of the toughest affiliate programs to monetize because it is only a one session cookie. So if someone clicks through your hub and goes to Amazon and doesn't buy immediately, you don't get credit for it.

For example if they decide to go to Wal-Mart to check out a product and then return to Amazon. Even if they were gone only 5 minutes you lose the sale. Amazon recently changed it's cookie policy making it tougher to get credit for a sale.

Other programs usually give you a 30-day window. Ebay is a 7 day cookie. Most other affiliate programs I deal with have a 30 day cookie.

3. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

the entire net is a numbers game. The more opt ins you have the more sales your going to make. The more traffic to your pages the more sales your going to get. Big numbers game dont stop keep pushing foward

4. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Thanks! I didn't realize that it had to be an immediate sale. That definitely makes things more difficult!

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I have found that if you evoke some sort of emotion from people when they read your hub surrounding the Amazon product, they tend to make that emotional purchase.  Sounds kind of cruel when you put it that way, but that is what we tend to do.  In the case I'm talking about, I feel good about doing it because I'm instilling a positive uplifting emotion.  Empower someone, make them feel good, and they will want to buy any product that think will keep them feeling that way.   Sentimental things do the same.

6. 0
    assemberposted 7 years ago

I think that with Amazon, you need to have the Reader fully engaged. That is, by the time they've read your page, they are ready to buy. Or they arrived at your page ready to buy

7. KCC Big Country profile image84

That's what I said only not so eloquently.  I said it more like an emotional girly girl. smile

8. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

LOL, I'll keep all this in mind. I've tried to keep my product hubs humorous and fun, but that might not be what evokes emotions.

9. KCC Big Country profile image84

I guess the key is to promote some product that people come to the internet ready to buy or can be easily convinced to buy just from your hub.