jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

How do you get more fans to your hub profile?

1. hudsonj1994 profile image62
    hudsonj1994posted 7 years ago

How do you accumulate more fans to your hub profile?

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

First I would start out by writing about something other then Lockerz. If you want a wide audience you need to appeal to a varied and diverse group. Specializing can be a good thing but not when it is carried too far. Start branching out. I won't fan you because you don't write about the things that interest me. Write more, explore your options and stretch yourself.

hudsonj1994posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Gotcha, thanks!

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're putting the cart before the horse.

Here's a four step plan to getting fans.

1) Publish good articles.
      2) Publish good articles.
      3) Publish good articles.
      4) Check how many fans you have. Then repeat step 1.

hudsonj1994posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think your 100% right big_smile I'm gonna start making more quality articles! Thanks darkside!

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

The entire time I have been here I have never asked for a single fan.  I write Hubs, I comment on other Hubs and I am quite active in the forums.

Because of this I am building a nice fan base which we all know wont do much for the money here but it doesnt hurt to have fans.

Just keep writing and like it has been said earlier, move on from your single topic.  Branch out and write about everything.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with all Dale is saying.

I think fans are important, you never know, a fan might like your hub well enough to link it into their blog or use it in an article, which means back links for you.

1. Sue Adams profile image92
        Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What about becoming someone's fan simply out of respect for their writing without preconceived gain prospects? What I like best about some of my fans is that we click, we can communicate on a mutual level, which is a pleasure all of its own more valuable than any financial or ego boosting gain.

Sue

1. Jane@CM profile image60
          Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely Sue!  Great point big_smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
          mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Also an excellent point smile

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

Be nice, post on other's hubs, read other's hubs carefully before posting so as to be able to give an intelligent response, write good quality material well researched, be active on the forums and answer posts made to your own hubs, even if only to say "thanks for the comment".

1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
      Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are so right about reading the hubs carefully.  Nothing more annoying or obvious then someone running around just putting up random comments.

If I really have no comment after I read the Hub I will rate it up as long as it deserves it and most do with the occasional exception.

4. hudsonj1994 profile image62
    hudsonj1994posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful tips everyone!

working