Hubpage Traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image55
    bigmodoposted 16 years ago

Does anyone know how i can drive massive traffic to my hubpage? I see people pages ranking high at yahoo, google and msn but mine can get there. Any help from fellow hub fellows?
    Thanks.

1. College politico profile image61
      College politicoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I just wrote a hub on this: How I achieved success on hubpages

And I started a thread in forums where others have shared similar hubs: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2578

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Take your time and money and learn SEO.

1. elisabeth reid profile image66
      elisabeth reidposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Okay...I'm an idjit (well, after all, it's late and I've been up for the past 19 1/2 hours so I'm half-asleep here), but....

what's SEO?

3. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 16 years ago

Time.

As long as you have a modicum of sense, I.E your titles and links are search engine optimized, you'll be up there eventually.

Google views have surpassed Hubpages view for me now, but only recently. The amount of external hits I get seems to be rising steadily as well.

As far as general SEO, there isn't all that much you can do outside of structuring your hub properly.

Use Flagship hubs (http://hubpages.com/help/flagship_hubs_more) as a model.

EDIT: and backlink building as well.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Thoog,

I love you, but I disagree to almost all in your post, except for getting relevant title and text big_smile

5. Social Conscience profile image60
    Social Conscienceposted 16 years ago

Just write!

Write good articles.
    I see too many questions, as I bounce around these 'help' threads - about $$. You knew it was a 'content' site when you signed up...deliver content. Quality content. People will appreciate this and start visiting your hubs - then start telling their friends. Then - lo' and behold, their friends will tell two friends, who will tell two friends, culminating in a dramatic whirlwind of unbelievable traffic for you (just like that shampoo commercial from the 70's - tell two friends and they'll tell two friends and so on and so on...) and pretty soon you will be rich and famous and will wonder how to deal with your new-found fame and fortune...

Or - if you just write good content, people will visit, rate you well and you'll earn money honestly, fair and square.

And so on and so on...

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Umm, yeah, it's all just and right, and it is how things are supposed to be in ideal world.

Unfortunately, my world is not ideal, and "pretty soon" usually mean many years or never... sad

Thus sinful publishers in my world have to take care of promoting their work - unless they don't want their work to be seen, of course wink

7. Social Conscience profile image60
    Social Conscienceposted 16 years ago

And so, Misha - you're saying that:

Once the 'fair and square' wears out - HIT THE SEO Tactics and fly with 'em?
    From that site you posted in another thread?

seofaststart.com or something I think it was.

I'm still on that site....it's gettin' a little blurry now though.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yep. And it is not the thing that you can master overnight. I'm doing this for about two years already, and I still learn something new every day smile

8. Inspirepub profile image74
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Search Engine Optimisation

Most of the Fast Start stuff doesn't apply on a platform like HubPages, though, because you can't do things like applying "nofollow" to your internal links, etc unless you own the code.

When it comes to getting up the organic search listings, it's just keywords, quality content, and links from elsewhere.

No magic bullet, no secret weapon.

Jenny

1. elisabeth reid profile image66
      elisabeth reidposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I can usually put together a coherent sentence but when it comes to search engines and internet traffic and codes and widgets and capsules and this and that...I'm hopeless.  Give me a sheet of clean paper and a good pen and I'll go to town, but my forte tends to be fiction.  Sadly, fiction seems to be on the wane these days, so I'm trying my hand at something new.

Lots and lots and lots to learn.

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Jenny, I see you are an expert in hubpages already. How is your hubscore doing? wink

And I think you will benefit from re-reading Dan's work one more time. It is by far not only about internal linking.

1. Inspirepub profile image74
      Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say Dan's work was all about internal linking, I said that the part of his work which could easily be applied to Hub pages did not include internal linking, since we don't have control over our "no follow" tags, metatags, etc on Hubs.

I believe I mentioned keywords (and I am including keywords in the page summary, as we have control over that), quality content, and inbound links as things he discusses and we can control.

And for the moment I am back over 80, thanks for asking wink

1. Misha profile image63

I should have misread you then. I was under impression that you think Dan's work in most part does not apply here, and therefore useless for HP members to study...

Actually there are several other things that we can control to some degree here. For example you have full control over description meta tag.

1. Inspirepub profile image74
          Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that the thing called "page summary"?

Or have I missed something ...

Jenny

1. Misha profile image63

Here is how your post looks when you open it for editing. I replaced all brackets with parenthesis so they get shown here:

You need to remove the last (/quote), it messes up the font. And it is not HTML, it is BBCode...

10. belief713 profile image60
    belief713posted 16 years ago

Just search hubpages for keywords like traffic tips to see what other hubbers are doing. You do need to learn some SEO tips (educate yourself)....and it usually does take some time, however not always if you do things right. A lot of my hubs are on the first pages of google for certain keywords, averaging placement in the #7 slot. Some are even higher.

I've been using a few different tactics: maximizing my capsule usage, using relevant keywords, social bookmarking sites, article marketing and more. In about 3 weeks I've got just over 1300 views. Not too bad, I don't think.

But, most importantly, I also deliver good content. I take time to research my info and provide multiple links to other sites with similar content.

11. Inspirepub profile image74

Interesting - how does "maximising capsule usage" work to improve search engine position?

I've averaged about 100 views a day so far, less in the beginning when I only had a few hubs, increasing steadily, and somewhat skewed by a single StumbleUpon rush of about 100 people a couple of days back.

Are you posting articles which contain links to your Hubs?

Jenny

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL no, I think in this case I just completely missed the content of your parenthesis, so this was a bad example.

PS Please remove last "/quote" thing from your post - this will fix the font size

13. Inspirepub profile image74

Thanks for the tip - I am slowly coming to grips with hacking the HTML tags to make my Forum posts look right. Detail is not my forte, LOL!

I have studiously avoided editing HTML in the past by using WYSIWYG tools (or at most copying and pasting entire code segments), and suddenly three different situations happened that required me to pay attention to the structure of the stuff, all within a couple of days.

I guess the Universe is telling me something ...

Jenny

P.S. When I posted this it looked like the small font, and there's not a /quote anywhere in my post. Sigh.

14. profile image0
    daflaposted 16 years ago

It takes mostly time, and good content, and what Misha said.  I've gotten more than half my traffic in the past 30 days, since I started optimizing them and advertising.

15. Inspirepub profile image74

Oh, my Lord, does that mean all the rules are different?

Or does BBcode use the same conventions as HTML for tags?

Jenny

16. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Yes

No

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)