jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Getting away from my life

1. cmlindblom profile image83
    cmlindblomposted 7 years ago

I just need to get away from my day to day and want to know who likes there job. I think its a huge thing to actually like your job because your there most of your life...

cmlindblomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh and im new to hubpages but it seems interesting and actually has some intellectual people on it to talk to which is nice because where I am thats hard to find.

2. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

You've come to the right place. Welcome aboard.

i actually joined this thing to let other poeple know of my grief and to actually start writing about my day to day activities as a infantry marine thats currently not deployed and all the rediculous things that go on in my life. Oh and about my brand new adventure as a young husband.

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HP! Congrats on being a new hubby and well the job thing post about it and hopefully that will help but thank you for your service it does mean a lot to those of us who can't do what you are doing.

4. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

Welcome!

5. cmlindblom profile image83

Thanks for the congrats and the job appreciation. it does mean alot to hear it and sometimes it makes the bad be less bad

6. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

smile Love the avatar. Anywho, have yourself a look around and jump in as you see fit. Oh and keep writing those hubs.

7. zadrobi profile image62
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

My dad and older brother were in the marines and my dad works for the government now. Having heard so many ridiculous stories about government "efficiencies" and military anecdotes, I can only imagine some of the things you have to say wink

I'm in school so my job doesn't really count...

8. cmlindblom profile image83

bro i sometimes wish i went to school but yea my brother is in the marines too but he is what us infantry guys calls a reservist POG (person otherthen grunt) but still hes my brother so i cant talk too bad about him.

9. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

Once your time is up in the military, you could go to school on a GI bill. My son spent 6 years as a Navy Nuke and after he was sprung, he took full advantage of the military benefits available for schooling. He managed to get most all tuition paid (and this was AFTER he got out). Plus, he got an expense check, monthly, just for going to school so he was able to finish college without working full time. It was a very generous benefit. He got a dual degree from U Of Washington: Astronomy and Physics.

thats good but right now Ive been in for two and a half years and i got the same left so ima try some onlie basics while im in. Also I just got married and jumping out of the military and trying to find a job without at least 2 years of school would be tricky while also helping support our newly formed partnership. Itll probly force me to re-enlist so I have a little more time to save up enough money to comfortably transfer the civilian life.

working