jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

1. 0
    Laura Leighposted 6 years ago

With all the lastest conflicts, concerns and uncertainties surrounding the H1N1 vaccine, will you have your children vaccinated? Why or why not?

1. drej2522 profile image86
      drej2522posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would not...The reason is because you "the parent" would be injecting a new unknown agent into the child's body. The vaccine is too new and there are more questions than answers surrounding it. I wouldn't take the chance on something that may or may not cause another underlining issue...but that's just me. smile

2. Sandy Thorn profile image61
      Sandy Thornposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have two teenagers, one with asthma, and I have told them they will get vaccinated.  Of course, at their age, if either of them strongly opposed it, I would not force the issue.  I already know two completely healthy young men, ages 19 and 21, who ended up hospitalized with the swine flu, one for almost six weeks.  From what I've learned, the risks associate with this flu, especially for young people with a risk factor such as asthma, are greater than the risks associated with the vaccine.

2. zadrobi profile image59
    zadrobiposted 6 years ago

If I had children wink I would have them get it. A lot of things are being said about the vaccine... but the H1N1 vaccine is nothing more than a vaccine for influenza A. I've read articles saying that vaccines correlate directly to the steep rise in Autism cases since the 1940's because of the thimerosal that was used... but it has become obsolete since 2001. There is more mercury (thimerosal is a mercury based compound) in a can of tuna than all of the vaccines combined.... that was just one of the many concerns floating about pop culture that bothered me the most.