jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Google Ads Help

1. 0
    Universalposted 6 years ago

I want to ask that can i place Google ads on my hub of my own choice. Because yesterday i posted a hub about affiliate programs and you site was showing ads about wallpapers and Indian astrology etc.

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

No, you can't. At best you can manipulate the ads (and should) by writing content that matches the title and URL. The tags should be relevant. The ads should then appear in line with the text. But 40% of the time, the ads are there for the purpose of the site. Therefore anything will appear.

And you may well see different ads to others. Something to do with your surfing habits or some such. Hopefully someone can explain that part better than I can.

Edit - your ads looked relevant to me.

3. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

ps...a little adendum to the frog, the ads can and often do change and update so what you see when you first look at your hub may eventually change smile

4. Patrick Brian profile image59
    Patrick Brianposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub on the importance of simplicity in designing technology solutions. Google placed three ads on the page, one was about checking out the gorgeous girls of XMAS, another was about blouses and the last one was a link to a gay male dating site. I fail to see how my hub matches up with these ads...

1. 0
      Janettaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the bulk of the ads I saw all dealt with photo and video technology and services, which does seem relevant. The only odd ball one was a blood pressure ad.

I've noticed that it seems to take a bit for the ads to fit the hub. For instance, the ads may be generic ones that don't seem to fit the hub at first, but after a day or maybe less, they will swap with something fitting.

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I agree.  Give it time.  The ads that first appear can be just about anything.  My "Tips For Decorating A Christmas Tree" hub that I posted yesterday had the Gay Dating ad initially, but later they now have Christmas lights and other Christmas ads.

6. Patrick Brian profile image59
    Patrick Brianposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep an eye on it and see how they transition.

7. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago

And dont forget Adsense's geo-targeting and personal preferences.
    If I search wood floors and go to a page, and that person links to your Hub about cars (cause he/she likes it) on his wood floors page, when I go to your car Hub (through a link), I may see ads for wood floors on your Hub
    because thats what I searched for.

I did a search for a fitness model, went to the first page listed and saw a link to a site about comic books on the guy's page.
    When I went to the comic book site, I still saw fitness ads.

I have wondered if the personal preference thing kinda kicks keyword targeting in the teeth.