jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Anybody heard of Brighthub?

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

They pay $10.00 up front for articles 300 to 750 words in length, $1.00 for every quality backlink to an article and then the author gets 80% of residuals from advertising on the article.

Anyone have any experience with them?

2. fortunerep profile image63
    fortunerepposted 6 years ago

no but ut sounds interesting, do yo have a link?

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  3. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 6 years ago

Im a BrightHub (green living) writer, i was referred by another hubpages user.

whats missing from teh stellar write up (lol) is every topic you want to write has to be pre-approved, and accepted afterwards by an editor and their is a very limited number of articles accepted each month - (the topics have to be spun by the editor the month before you write them)

I do much better with constant content

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I joined and created a profile but have never written anything there - I can't recall why I decided not to.

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Thanks, Marisa and Deartful. Except for the "limited number of articles accepted each month", it sounds an awful lot like Demand Studios.

6. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 6 years ago

I like demand much better. But since I write for a limited niche (green living)at Brighthub perhaps my experience of limits is more than a writer who got accepted for a more general niche or at least a more popular topic

lol, and im the artful dodger - somebody already took the other variants so i went francais

7. Lori J Mitchell profile image59
    Lori J Mitchellposted 6 years ago

I started to write for Brighthub but their education channel was a farce.  Their CE there is really bad and most of the articles look like ed course homework.  I wasn't impressed.  As for Demand Studios, I wrote for them for years and may write an article here and there for them in the future, but I'm not the least bit impressed with them and only use a pen name because I'd be embarrassed to have my name attached to anything through them.  So far I've been refusing to do the new bio requirements, so I guess it's possible that they may fire me before I have a chance to write for them again.  I personally write for Remilon who pays by the hour instead of article, and I'm loving it for now.  Although, I will say they rarely hire new writers because they promote quality over quantity and tend to keep the writers they do hire so the turnover is incredibly low.

Closed to reply