jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Religious "War" at my College

1. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

Ok so I go to Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, and lately, there has been a strong presence of religions holding public displays, vying for students attention.

The small church on-campus has people constantly holding signs up saying "Jesus is coming, ready?" and Christian music blaring all day.

Then the Muslims mass gatherings of the "call to prayer" outside the student center with the signing and recital of scripture.  They pray 5 times a day so you always see Muslims praying in weird places on campus.

The Jews have their stand and booth and signs but don't seem to demonstrate as much as the Christians.

The "free thinkers" have their table, right next to the church (pretty funny), encouraging people to think outside the box.

Then you got the religion of marijuana followers trying to legalize it (ok, not a real religion).

This is the first year that I've seen this on campus.  It feels like it's a recruiting war.

Anyone else see this at their campuses?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like the archtypical university to me smile

2. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

This is really an interesting turn of events.  I am going to enjoy watching for responses.  Was there a new rule at ASU that maybe specifically allows this for the first time?

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Aren't you guys inthe running for a nomination as a party school? The Christian kids just want to help you save yourself. Even if you don't believe, isn't it nice to know someone cares?

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Sounds like Uni's all over the world Tim.
    My son has attended Canterbury University ,New Zealand for the last 3 years and there is a 50/50 ongoing debate and support type groups for Christianity and Non-Believers, both vocal and both passionate....even at the top!

I hope you kids are actually learning other stuff too lol