jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Is anyone else getting this when they try to submit a page to Mixx?

1. 0
    Linda Myshrallposted 6 years ago

Sorry, the URL you are attempting to submit is not valid on our system.

The HP button is automatically inserting the URL for me, so I don't think that's messed up.  so... ?

I've tried a handful of hubs and it won't take any of them...  It hates me -or- I'm not clear on the concept.  hmmm.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Sometimes social bookmarking sites blanket-ban sites like HubPages, usually because members have been spamming.  What do I mean by that?

Sites like Mixx are designed to be used to recommend sites you think are especially noteworthy or valuable.  Bearing that in mind, it's rather egotistical to recommend your own sites!  In fact, most of them specifically prohibit you from doing so.

In practice, lots of people ignore that, and submit their own sites as a means of promotion. Sites like Mixx are on the lookout for that kind of thing and will ban you if you get caught.  They'll also ban whole sites if they receive too many links from the same source (which may be just one Hubber going mad, or lots of Hubber submitting one or two). 

Yahoo Answers and Digg have banned HubPages periodically in the past.

1. 0
      Linda Myshrallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marissa. 

I appreciate your straight up answer here!  I keep reading hubs about how you're supposed to use these sites in exactly this way, but when you explain it, it does sound, well, like not a good practice.

Lesson learned, thanks again.

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for this answer. I was about to sign up with Mixx. Now i know better.
      During the last July Hubchallenge, i was suspended from Twitter for  no apparent reason. Maybe my updates for the 30-30 was the problem, i still don't know. I contacted them, no response. I think i can do without twitter anyway IMO.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

A funny thing about both the referenced Social bookmarking sites that blocked hubpages - neither is dofollow, so you are not getting a backlink..social traffic is NOT suggested if adsense is your primary earner

But as an easy way to get some backlinks-social bookmarking has its place and not all discourage self submission and even those that do, wouldnt notice if you were an active member who periodically submitted sites that you didnt own

But if your profile is HUbMan and your diff profile is Hubman and all your links are to hubpages/hubman/random hub here, its pretty obvious you are not a contributing member

Here is a big list of DoFollow bookmark sites

1. Folkd [V] (7)
       2. Oneview (German) (7)
       3. Spurl (6)
       4. Feedmarker (6)
       5. LinkaGoGo (5)
       6. SpotBack (5)
       7. Connectedy (5)
       8. Blinklist [V] (5)
       9. MyLinkVault (4)
      10. A1 Webmarks (4)
      11. OYAX (4)
      12. Pixelmo [V] (4)
      13. TeDigo (2)
      14. MyPIP (3)
      15. SyncOne (3)
      16. Yattle (3)
      17. Memfrag (3)
      18. Ziki [V] (1)
      19. i89 (0)
      20. Chipmark (0)

if i remember right Propeller has blocked hubpages also

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
      Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Propeller has blocked the hubpages.com domain when I last checked.

Thanks for that list BTW.  What is the significance of the "[V]" beside some of them?

2. 0
      Linda Myshrallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!!!!!

4. crazybeanrider profile image83
    crazybeanriderposted 6 years ago

I used Mixx and Digg to post my hubs in the past. But find they don't really belong there. Mixx was touch and go, sometimes they would accept the hub and sometimes not. I didn't realize we weren't suppose to use these sites for social networking.

I basically use twitter every once in awhile. Thanks for the list, possibly they have potential.

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

v= voting (community involvement/promotion)

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very nice list
      Thank you very much!

6. Morgue profile image86
    Morgueposted 6 years ago

Feedmarker charges a one time 50$ fee now it says.