jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Annoying Sex Toy Adult Ads in Amazon

1. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

There are many adult products being sold through Amazon. Are such Adult ads like Vibrators, sex toys allowed to be selected and used in Hubs by Authors. I have seen many hubs using Amazon ads like that. (Many hubbers display such amazon ads in hubs that have no relation to that Topic)

I just want to know whether they are allowed or not in Hubpages , as they are displayed along with Adsense ads.

1. profile image60
      amit11_1981posted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. profile image59
      JohnnyReynoldsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe amazon ads can be selected by author.I buy from Amazon re-sellers all the time. I haven't had any more (or less) problems with them than I've had with any other internet vendors.

Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch” items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!
      Good luck everybody!

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

Oh sorry, at first I thought you meant the toys are annoying, rather then the ads are annoying, and I was curious to see what an annoying sex toy was like?
    I am sorry I dont have good advice, but I am pretty sure I have seen similar questions about how to remove an ad..good luck. Are amazon ads like adsense, in that they will change to a more appropriate one over time?

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i'd be curious to see what an annoying sex toy would be too big_smile

1. profile image0
        shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you are so curious search in amazon site , you will find lots of them.

I thought I'd wait until I saw it on your hubs...next to the pictures of sexy aunties.

3. profile image0

I believe amazon ads can be selected by author.

4. profile image0

i am not using amazon

So how'd you find out about the vibrators and sex toys in amazon?

5. Blogging Erika profile image71
    Blogging Erikaposted 7 years ago

The default search on Amazon will NOT bring up any adult products.  This is true of both the HubPages widget and Amazon.com itself.  They go to a lot of trouble to keep it that way!

However, HubPages peeps can certainly choose those products specifically.  Whether that's appropriate for a Hubber to do isn't for me to decide!

But don't worry, if you use an Amazon widget, it won't suddenly start displaying adult products on your HubPage (unless you specifically tell it to do so).

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

good answer. your chicken is soooo cute!!!

6. profile image0

I can see it in others hubs. I just want to know whether it is allowed in this site or not. Are everyone aware of it or not. That was the question i asked in the first post.

7. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

When you see stuff like that, flag it and let admin sort it out.

8. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

well i take 'inappropriate content' to mean any content, even ads, so i wouldn't put those in my hubs.

9. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

Oh, ha!!!! I just fell for this one AGAIN..I was like..annoying sex toys? what's that all about? like..tickle me elmo or something?
    nevermind...

working