jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why does a Hub score lower when you start editing an unpublished Hub?

1. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

I'm just wondering....  My Hub score for an unpublished article dropped about 5 points in the last hour since I started editing it (it had sat for about a week prior to that).  Not that it really matters.  Just curious....

1. dinamars profile image61
      dinamarsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

yeah, me too, i've just edited one of my hubs and it gets lowered even though not so big. any help answer?

2. quotations profile image93
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

What I have noticed is that the hub score goes up the older the hub is. When you first write it (even if you do not publish it) the hubscore is usually around 50. Then if you let the hub sit for a while (whether published or not) the score will slowly rise over the next day or two.

If you edit the unpublished hub, I think hubscore considers the article new and so sets the score back to the beginning. It should rise over the next day or two.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

HubScore depends on a lot of factors.  There is no direct cause and effect between editing a hub and the score going down (in fact to a minor extent the opposite should be true).   You're probably just noticing normal fluctuations.  New hubs do start with a score around 50, and can take a day or so to settle into their "proper" range.  I don't think that means you should wait to publish them, but that's up to you I guess.