jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. 60
    G-Joeposted 6 years ago

I have just created my first hub, but in my account the word "Duplicate" is next to the title of the hub, in red letters.

What does this mean?

The article I used is mine, which I wrote several years ago but only appeared on my web site for a short time then I removed it.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Welcome G-Joe, hope you have a fun time on here.

As for Duplicate...that usually means that this website has found your hub on another website. I don't know why it would say it if you have removed it unless maybe it didn't completely get removed. Just my thoughts...but if it was removed no idea why it would say duplicate.

3. 60
    G-Joeposted 6 years ago

Thanks Crazdwriter

I am pretty sure there can't be another article exactly the same as mine, it was my own work and the page containing the article was dropped when I upgraded my site because it had never had any visitor (the page, not the site).

Just read in another post to search for a long phrase from my article and see what comes up.

Thanks for your help.

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Anytime and once again WELCOME smile

5. 1974 profile image61
    1974posted 6 years ago

it is possible your old page is cached in Google

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Articles in the cache wouldn't trigger the duplicate flag, as far as I know.

I had articles on my blog, which I deleted and re-published within a week, and didn't get the duplicate flag.

Is it possible someone copied your article way back then, and has used it on their own site?  Your google search may shed some light.

6. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

It really is pretty easy to take any article or write up you have and rewrite a few lines or change a few words. In fact I do this every day to take one article I pay $10 for and rework it into 30 different versions to submit all over the net. Take the 5 or 10 min and create a unique write up its going to benefit you in the long run as you keep moving forward.