jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Clarification and advice needed please?!

1. CrystalStarWoman profile image86
    CrystalStarWomanposted 6 years ago

I'm a newbie - I joined a week ago and I've been trying to figure everything out...

I have posted a couple of Hubs but one of them has been flagged as a Duplicate.

I was GOD! A weird and wonderful experience

This is something I wrote 10 years ago, about an experience I had at the time. This was back when there wasn't an awful lot going on the internet, not like there is today, and it wasn't read by many people - so I thought I would publish it here to a new audience and hopefully start up a debate, or at least provoke a few comments.

I need clarification as to whether or not I can leave this on my hubpages, or if I have to remove it because it has been flagged?

I have several stories and articles which may be of interest to others, which have not been read by many people and I would like to share them again (especially as some were on an old Geocities website, which has now gone!) but I don't know where I stand.

Can I re-publish them here on my Hubpages? Should I re-publish?

I would be grateful for your advice and thoughts... and for any constructive criticism on my hubs.

Many thanks in advance smile

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can republish. But if that original content still exists somewhere out there in cyberspace, all you're doing is competing with yourself.

Nothing good ever comes from duplicate content. Either remove it from the original site and republish here, or change it up to make it "new".

3. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

Yep, what Irohner said. Welcome to Hubpages, by the way. smile

4. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Ooops. Sorry for the bad manners. Welcome to HP. I'm sure you're going to love it here!

5. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP big_smile --Irohner said it perfectly smile

Just try to track down where else it may be on the web and delete it from there and you should be fine

6. CrystalStarWoman profile image86
    CrystalStarWomanposted 6 years ago

Thank you Irohner, Cosette and Janetta for the warm welcome and for your advice - I shall see if I can get the article deleted from the other site it is on and then keep all my 'stuff' under one roof - here on HP!

It's midnight and I promised myself I would be in bed by 11:30pm tonight (instead of 1:30 and 2am has it has been for the past few nights...) Hubpages are so addictive!

I shall have to get back to this in the morning...

Sweet dreams everyone smile