jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Spam Bumper

1. Jackson Riddle profile image69
    Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure how many people here report spam in the forum, lately I've been on the beat quite a bit reporting spam but I'm curious to know who else out there on HubPages who also do report spam if they see it?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I report it every time I see it smile And I don't reply to it...

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

I am new to HP, so how can you know if they are spammers so I can also help in reporting, and what are spammers?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image86
      EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They're people who come on the forums solely to promote their product or blog or whatever.  If they haven't got any hubs to their name and only joined HP 2 minutes ago, that's usually a dead giveaway.

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them IMO.  Far better to concentrate on reporting actual Hubs that are spam (just look at recently-published hubs and you shouldn't have any problem finding them).

4. shanekruger profile image61
    shanekrugerposted 7 years ago

Don't reply to spammers, Spammers - The Bloody Shit

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82

If you ignore them the forums will get filled up with crap faster than you can blink.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

we all need to do something, to report it

I come across quite a number of posts where what the person has said has been snipped by a moderator due to personal attacks or whatever.  That level of moderation suggests to me that someone is monitoring what happens on the forums quite closely - closely enough to spot spam as it comes up.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82

Well, they wouldn't give us the report button if they didn't want our help.

I suppose not LOL.

7. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I report it and never reply to it.  You should do the same with hubs.  Report them for all of the reasons HP provides.  No need to comment, no need to open a thread about it, no need to rally others about it, just report it and let HP take care of it.  If more did that, we'd have less low quality hubs, spammers, etc.

8. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

I report it every time I see it, both on the forums and the "questions" section.

9. Jackson Riddle profile image69
    Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago

I'm on a roll today.

working