jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Dictionary of Adsense

1. retellect profile image79
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Hey guys, I wrote a dictionary on Adsense and wondering if I left anything out. Any suggestions for more words?

<snipped - Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links>

1. deartfuldodger profile image60
      deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your definition of referral is incorrect in relation to its meaning to adsense.

Adsense does not have a referral program anymore and when it did it referred to publisher referrals not anything related to your visitors behavior

2. retellect profile image79

deartfuldodger, they might not have a referral program anymore however, when you log into your adsense account the referrals still show up. Until the 'referrals' statistics are no longer displayed, my definition is still valid. Thanks smile

3. retellect profile image79

Anyone?

4. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago

no, no its not.

the adsense referral program was for referring other publishers to the adsense program

Those that took part may still be receiving residuals hence the reason it still exists as a feature

It does not now nor dis it ever refer to your definition

"Referrals - When an ad is displayed on your site, it is either selling something to the user of asking them to sign up for something. Whenever they sign up to a program after clicking one of your ads, you get paid commission. You could try putting up a site that reviews a service and see how it performs."

PPC is distinct and different from CPA - you are referring to a cost per action referral - there is no tracking by adsense whether a visitor performs any sign ups or purchases

5. retellect profile image79

PPC is distinct and different from CPA - you are referring to a cost per action referral - there is no tracking by adsense whether a visitor performs any sign ups or purchases

I get you. I have never referred another publisher but have made earnings from it. I'll change it and thanks again! big_smile

6. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2005 … l-program/

here is some information about the program from 2005 when it was launched ...it was discontinued in nov 2008

Just recently google did start an affilaite network (well, bought and renamed an existing one) and soon people will be making money based on referrals and actions...but one must apply and be accepted for the program

working