jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My First Hub

1. Jonathan Martin profile image60
    Jonathan Martinposted 6 years ago

Ok I have made my first hub.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Cancelling-Cell-Phone-Contracts What do you think?

2. Wendi M profile image81
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

Nice job Jonathan...I left you a question, and became a fan!

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Great Hub! smile good layout and focused tags. Your adsense ads are related too. Great job and welcome to HubPages! smile

4. Jonathan Martin profile image60
    Jonathan Martinposted 6 years ago

Thanks.  Now I need to figure our how to raise my profile score.  It was 30 yesterday and today it is 18.  What happened.

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Don't worry about your score -- it will go up over time. Just keep publishing.

Nice job on the hub! However, your keyword is "cell phone contracts" because, evidently, no one is searching for how to cancel them. "Cell phone contracts" gets approx. 1,000 searches per month and the CPC is good at $1.86 (of which you would make a portion per click). And yet, you only use that term twice -- once in the URL and once in the hub's title. It's not used anywhere else -- not even in the tags. I like to have my primary keyword show up in the URL, Title, first sentence, once towards the end of the hub and in at least one text capsule title -- and in the tags.

And your tags are very general. You really need to have a mix of general and more "niche" tags. General rule of thumb is 10 to 15 tags (it does make a big difference). Some folks swear by using more than that.