jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

Unexplained Absence

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 6 years ago

Just thought I'd post a note explaining my unexplained absence from the forums.

I am still active at HubPages and especially in some areas such as HubChallenge etc.  but my Father who's terminally ill with cancer has been getting worse of late and we've had him admitted for emergency treatment since start of the week, so I'm increasingly stretched for time having to commute between home/running the business (where we also have builders in for MAJOR work to make it even more hectic) and hospital/my parents to be with my Mother and Father.

So apologies for not chipping in and responding to things like usual.

No need to send well wishes I can take that as read, thanks, but just didn't want people thinking I was losing interest in the forums!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry to hear that....good wishes and may you find the strength to go through all of it...

2. Jackson Riddle profile image70
    Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago

Hope he gets better, don't worry your 335 hubs have you in good stead, you can take some days off while I catch up.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that Julie. We certainly have missed you. Take care of your dad...and yourself.

4. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Hi Julie. I wish you and your family well.

(I know that you won't read it because you're busy and you know that well-wishes are being given in advance, but I still want to wish you well.)

5. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

missed you

6. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Julie-Ann - Take care and best wishes during this difficult time.

7. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that your father, you, and your family have this difficult thing to go through.

8. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You and your family are in our thoughts, Julie.

9. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your dad and your family!

10. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago

Strength to you and your family.

11. 0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 6 years ago

Kindest thoughts and wishes being sent your way.

12. Sybil Marie profile image80
    Sybil Marieposted 6 years ago

Peace and good thoughts to you and your Dad

13. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 6 years ago

Than you to everyone for the kind messages both here and on FaceBook.  Dad died a week ago today (25th) and the funeral was yesterday.  It's all been a bit of a blur really, from organising things to writing the service and eulogy!

I'll be back to HubPages next week, no doubt, after I've got my head back on straight.

He was a complete car freak, and inspired most of my car hubs (and stars in a  couple!) but there are a million other things I'll always remember him for.

He was a wonderful gentle quiet man, and although I must have been told off as a kid, I honestly can't remember ever hearing him tell me off or disapprove of anything I did.  Not one raised voice.  It's a very sad loss, and everyone he knew will miss him greatly.

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So sorry to hear about your loss Julie-Ann. There is really not much anyone can say that hasn't been said already. May he rest in peace and may you cherish all the great memories. My thought are with you and your family.
      kindest regards Zsuzsy

14. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Oh Julie-Ann I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you. I think it is harder losing a loved one around a holiday, but I know you will be ok just take the time you need. Blessings to you and yours right now.

15. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Julie-Ann I'm very sorry for your loss.  I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose a parent.  My thoughts are with you.