jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How do I raise the score of my page?

1. CMOE profile image60
    CMOEposted 8 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to raise the score of my page?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

It would probably help to write a little more on each page and not have all the pages linking to an outside site.

Hubpages scores reflect a number of factors:

But also, you will get a lower score if all you are trying to do is promote an outside site, as your hubs seem to be doing.

3. seamus profile image59
    seamusposted 8 years ago

Follow the rules and be patient. I read through the rules, and it looks like you must:

--not include more than 2 outside links to the same domain;
    --provide useful (not spammy) content;
    --and participate in the community and be a good community member.

4. CMOE profile image60
    CMOEposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the help .  I heard you could get followed links if your score is high enough.  Is this true.  I just started this job and they told me to find out the deal on this site.

5. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

The deal on this site, as you put it, is to create original, quality content.  Mark is a great example of a quality Hubber, in my opinion.  If you'd like more info, I'd suggest hitting the Hubbers link and looking at the best hubbers and what they've got published. 

Becoming a good Hubber (which is reflected in your Hubscore) takes some polish, some knowledge, and patience.  If you write good articles with links that are relevant to the content of your article, you're heading a step in the right direction.

The community at large tends to frown on Hubs containing links to a single site, or multiple Hubs  promoting the same services.  If your Hubs become overly promotional (all your links pointing to the same website, for instance) then the Hubscore will be low.

6. CMOE profile image60
    CMOEposted 8 years ago

I got you.  Thanks.  I am going to get some more stuff in my hub.  I like this place.

7. singingmommy profile image73
    singingmommyposted 8 years ago

Does it raise your hub score if you note that your work is origional?
    I am hearing some good writers are getting accused of duplicating and they did'nt, they were just really good writers.
    Also I had one hub flagged because it had non origional quotes! I write almost 100% my own stuff and got flagged because I borrowed some quotes, I never claimed they were my own. My score went down so I deleted the hub.

8. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

In a case like you've described, all you have to do is submit your hub for review and the duplicate penalty will be removed (it may take a few days though).  You don't need to delete the hub.

9. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Just remember, it's not only your page score which counts for links being tagged "no follow" or not - it's your profile score as an author, too.

Links on a page will be "no follow" if the page score is less than 50, but links on ALL your pages will be "no follow" if your personal score as an author is below 75.

And once you get those scores up, it will be a while before the Googlebot and its cousins crawl back across your pages and notice the newly followable links.

Oh, and the scores fluctuate, sometimes by quite a bit!

I am new as well, and I have been learning this stuff myself - I even have a Hub diarising my learning curve. Feel free to read it and skip ahead at least a fraction on your own learning curve, and please post a comment when you learn something I haven't got to yet!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Online-Marketin … cial-Sites

10. About-The-Home profile image62
    About-The-Homeposted 8 years ago

Your link is broken.
    Wow you've posted 24 hubs in 8 days,  that is inspiring!!

11. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Yes, I noticed that, but I'm not enough of a geek to fix things when the standard editor screws them up. I'm working on it - Misha's been teaching me in another forum thread!

The Hub should come up as one of my "Best" Hubs most days, if you look on my profile.

All the best with the line dancing Hubs ...

12. cyndeehaydon profile image60
    cyndeehaydonposted 8 years ago

Thanks for all the good info - I just joined today and am getting familiar with everything - I like what I've seen so far. :-) Looking forward to posting my first hub