jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Horribly stupid question.

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

Just horrible. Here it goes:

Can a hubber have the same keyword in several hub titles? For example (in this case, DOLLS is the keyword):

DOLLS: Barbie Fashions
    DOLLS: Accessories and Wigs
    DOLLS: Future Trends

Is this ok or will it be flagged as duplicate content?

I searched on "duplicate keywords" and "duplicate hub titles" etc. and couldn't find anything to answer this question.

Thank you.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

That is perfectly fine, Cosette. If you're also using that for your URL, leave out the colon and put dolls in lowercase.

3. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Thanks for asking, cosette. Answered a similar question for me.
    And thanks, lrohner!

4. R P Chapman profile image61
    R P Chapmanposted 6 years ago

While it's fine to do, I'd use the fact that you've got 3 different articles to target more specific keywords in each article.

"Dolls" is the most heavily competed on term in this vertical, whereas "Doll Accessories" is still popular, more targeted and would be easier to get rankings on.

With keyword selection there's always a trade off between search volumes and competitive value (basically, how many other people are trying to get the same rankings). While being more specific may look like you're reducing your potential traffic, you could actually increase it. In this example you might be able to get page 1 for "Doll Accessories" but only page 3 or 4 for "Dolls".

Hope that makes sense.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks, lrohner! I was wondering about that.

haha....I was also wondering about this--- especially "competed on" ....now I can proceed. thanks you guys! this helped tons!