help with rss feeds and other things alike

1. AltheaCunningham profile image61
    AltheaCunninghamposted 8 years ago

Thanks to the fellow hubbers who have and continue to read my im ok at the puter but im not so good with the the terms and such....gettin there ...

My questions are this ...can i make the rss feed better ? it's on of the things that help lead peeps to the site right?

Anyone havin porblems with some of the social bookmarking sites? Im am seems they are case senstive or something ...any ideas .....please share them

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

RSS feeds on Hubs go and gather content from a particular place, usually a blog, and display it according to your settings.

I don't think that having an RSS feed on your Hub is by itself going to attract extra  first-time visitors, any more than a video would.

The point of the RSS feed is to have good quality content that is constantly changing, so people then want to keep coming back to read the updated versions. It stops your Hubs from being "been there done that" one time only experiences, and makes them a place that people might come back to visit again and again.

However, that effect will only happen if you have a well-chosen RSS feed from a good quality, relevant blog. It happens in the minds of people, not in the algorithms of search engines!

The first step is to identify good quality blogs on your chosen Hub topics.

P.S. You can avoid problems with case-sensitivity by using "cut and paste" to enter the URLs when you bookmark them.

3. AltheaCunningham profile image61
    AltheaCunninghamposted 8 years ago

Thanks Jenny,

You just cleared up a ton of stuff for I need to put it into action....