jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

A person has copied my hub

1. soni2006 profile image46
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Hello friends,

I was surfing through the net today and found out that one person has copied one of my highly popular hub, "How to make a remote controlled robot car" hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-a-Remote-Controlled-Robot-Car

Here is the link of my copied article:  http://gsei.blog.co.in/2009/09/30/inspi … s-autobot/

This site is an Indian site plus I am feeling really ashamed today to mention that this person is also an Indian who is copying other people's articles and pasting them in this free site.

There was no way to contact this person so I contacted his site's support team for help and also commented in his article regarding removal of this blog post. I have given him one day's time for deleting this article.

Please let me know what other necessary steps I have to take to make sure that this does not happen again.

2. soni2006 profile image46

Wow. That page has been deleted by the blog.co.in support team. Thanks a lot for their effort. I have not seen such a fast service.

1. 61
      HealthTipposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well done Soni, just shows taking a bit of action actually does pay off !

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Ditto!  Good job Soni smile

4. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Those site automatically steal your stuff with a bot. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Nice job in spotting it! smile

5. soni2006 profile image46

Thank you very much HealthTip, Jane, retellect for your support and advice. I will try to find more copied hubs via search engines today.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image67
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh too bad some people are doing that, good job for doing the right thing!!

6. 0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

Wow they got it taken down quick!

soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it was done very quick and I have thanked them for this.

7. chronage profile image59
    chronageposted 7 years ago

when ever you publish something, If it is of general interest then people will start copy and pasting your stuff in different places but i have found for me is that they always include where they got it from and my link

soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Including our links will not help if they have copied and pasted whole article on their sites because it will in some way or other harm our original article decreasing our search engine rankings.

working