jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Adsense Earnings

1. matiano_9 profile image59
    matiano_9posted 7 years ago

As I understand it you earn per click for contextual adds, with the value of each click being dependent on how much the advertiser is prepared to pay.
    Placement adds pay out per 1000 impressions.

Why is it that I didn't get any earnings from 3 contextual add clicks on one day, yet I got 33 pence for a single click on another day?
    I realise the amount per click will vary but I didn't think I would get nothing at all for those 3 lovely clicks??

1. retellect profile image79
      retellectposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They could have been free Public Service Announcement ads. Google place these on a site if they can't find a relevant keyword on the site. They also place them when they havent crawled your site yet. How new is it and long ago did you get the clicks?

matiano_9posted 7 years ago in reply to this

My latest hub was published on tuesday 27th and the 'bumper 3 click day' occured yesterday (thursday 29th) but all the adds on my 3 hubs appear to be matched to the topics pretty well.
        e.g there are lots of safari adds on my hub about kenyan lakes?

2. kirstenblog profile image80
        kirstenblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did not know google did that. Thanks for that info smile

2. retellect profile image79
    retellectposted 7 years ago

"My latest hub was published on tuesday 27th and the 'bumper 3 click day' occured yesterday (thursday 29th) but all the adds on my 3 hubs appear to be matched to the topics pretty well. "

I don't get what you mean by 'bumper 3 click day'. It doesn't sound right, you published on the 27th and got 3 clicks 2 days later. Are you sure it was not YOU who clicked the ads?

No, I was being sarcastic. Probably most hubbers with lots of page views a day would be pretty unimpressed with only 3 clicks. But I'm only just starting out so 3 clicks in a day is quite exciting for me, as sad as that sounds!

Also, the 3 clicks were on my first hub which was published 9 days ago (8 days before the clicks)??

1. WeddingConsultant profile image81
        WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not to worry- we all had to start somewhere!

Truth be told, I still check my adsense income multiple times throughout the day, just because it's exciting to do it.

3. kirstenblog profile image80
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I guess one thing about google is that it moves in mysterious ways!

If they think someone is "sniping" an advertiser they protect that advertiser by not charging for click throughs that appear to be malicious. As a host for those ads the sniping may not have anything to do with you so they don't suspend or ban your account nor do they notify you that they think those clicks were malicious. This would be my guess anyway. Like I say I think google is hard to understand.

That would make sense, but I'd rather they either told me that was the case, or, didn't show me the clicks in the first place!

4. retellect profile image79
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Matiano,

I understand that seeing 3 clicks and no money is very disappointing but it is a good thing that they showed you the clicks. Trust me, 3 clicks after posting your hub after a few days is VERY good.

If someone "sniped" an advertiser on your page then you don't get paid, we don't know who clicked your ad so it could have been genuine. If you get that many clicks so quickly then chances are they will continue to go up and you'll be making loads of money in no time.

I'd rather them show me clicks whether or not they give me any revenue, at least I can tell what is performing well and what isn't.

5. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

I have 33 dollars in more than 200 clicks hehehe... hehehe not bad eh... want to earn more make more okay or quality hubs and stop murmuring hehehe smile

6. matiano_9 profile image59
    matiano_9posted 7 years ago

Yeah I guess GeneralHowitzer and retellect are right, I'll stop moaning and get on with writing some more hubs.

Thanks all of you for your advice.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow you have a grade of 87 in with just three hubs that is a blazing start man...

working