jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Is there any way I can change my username?

1. websurfpro profile image60
    websurfproposted 8 years ago

I would like to change my actual user name  , is there any way I can do that but still keep my published hubs? Or will I have to transfer all the capsules into new hubs ? I just don`t like the sound of my user name  :-)

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

I believe the answer is "no". This has been discussed in more detail in other threads, but you probably have to create a new account.

3. websurfpro profile image60
    websurfproposted 8 years ago

Yes I have been doing a little more research on the forums and hubs , it seems I will need a new user name. But the worst thing is that I will have to move the hubs capsule by capsule, and the only way to do that is by copy paste , witch will dramatically decrease my hub scores sad I think i`ll just stick to this one after all

1. kashifmahmood profile image62
      kashifmahmoodposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think your user name is fine . If you still want to change it entirely up to you  .

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

And if any one knows how to pick a catchy user name, it's kashifmahmood big_smile

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, he seems to know everything big_smile

5. kashifmahmood profile image62
    kashifmahmoodposted 8 years ago

Thank you both of you big_smile

6. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I'm running into the same problem.  I started a website and I can't change my user name to match.  That's why I'm having to basically move everything related to the website off of Hubpages.  It's a pain, and being able to change our user name would be so nice, or at least transfer hubs to another user name.  I came here before I started the website, so it's totally my doing.  It would just save me about two weeks' work if I could.

7. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

The best solution for this is to give serious consideration to the username you register with.  Before posting your first hub, think to yourself.. is the name I'm using to portray myself a name that I will be comfortable with making money under? With being given credit for my writing? If the answer is no, then don't post a hub.  big_smile

8. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Ironically, though, one only gets to read this advice AFTER one has chosen one's user name!