jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is this?

1. efeyas profile image92
    efeyasposted 6 years ago

I just recently posted a hub on Listing of the Annabell The Haunted Doll: A Terrifying case and I was doing a search to see if my hub would show up in the search listings. On the third page I came to this:

Best Hubbers
    Listing of the Best Hubbers on HubPages ... Annabelle The Haunted Doll: A Terrifying Case 3 days ago. paranormal haunted ghosts ...
    hubpages.com/authors/best?page=95 - Cached

and was just wondering why my hub title was there???
    When you click on it it just brings you to the best hubbers hub page.
    Any one have any ideas?

2. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 6 years ago

I think it's because Google found your hub there.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Jery is absolutely correct. Google finds webpages through links. They like a Google roadmap. The links can be from external sites to your hubs (called backlinks), or from other pages on HP to your hub (called internal links).

If your hub is new, it probably doesn't have any established backlinks yet, so you have to rely on internal links to pave the way for Google to find your hub. The more internal links the better.

There's a lot more to it, but basically, at the time that Google crawled that page, there must have been a link to your hub on it.

4. efeyas profile image92
    efeyasposted 6 years ago

Jerry and Irohner
    Thanks .....Ohh I am so new but one day I will learn these things! Thanks for answering smile