jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Cannot contact site owner that has copied my hub

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

I just found out yesterday, thanks to the help of hubpages (bless their heart for helping us out in this!) that a dog trainer has copied word by word one of my articles. He also had the courage to put his name at the top with his picture! Because the site has google ads and therefore he is making money with my content, I contacted google which should take care of it.

Well, today instead I found an online magazine that has copied one of my articles as well (arrrgh!) but it does not have google ads on it. There is no way to contact the webmaster of this website, nor can I write comments. There is no contact us link or whatsoever.

How can I contact the owner of the site (which by the way is full of other people's articles- I know because I ran a few through Plagium.com-) I am not sure how to handle this one.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Try contacting the site ISP.  I've had great success getting a response from the site hosting service when I could not contact a disreputable site.

I shared some of my experiences in the section called "defending your work" on my hub, http://hubpages.com/hub/Fine-Tuning-Your-Hubs

3. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

Thank you. I had a hard time finding the ISP provider. It is odd but it is no where on their website. However, I came across a website that provides the ISP addresses of websites and I will share it here. It is very interesting as well because it gives you estimates about how much a website is worth and how much they are earning in google ads.

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've always just used whois.net