jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can tables be embedded in hubs?

1. LiamBean profile image88
    LiamBeanposted 9 years ago

Can I embed the table code e.g.  in a hubpage?

I have tried it and it looked fine in the insert box, but once I hit the "insert" button the borders and divisions disappeared. Leaving just plain text. Since I do so many technically oriented comparisons between products a table format would be very helpful.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

No, they can not.   You can put the tabular data into an image, or you can try and lay it out using preformatted text.

LiamBeanposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. An image might do the trick, but I'll have to make sure I get it all right before I publish.

3. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Is a "TABLE" capsule in the software development queue, by any chance?

Jenny

I created a table in Open Office Spreadsheet and took a snapshot of it. Then I noticed the "misspellings" OO caught, corrected those, and took another snapshot. Now I have a heavy box in the A1 position so I'll have to move the cell cursor and try again. But you know; it's not bad.

4. Inspirepub profile image86

LOL, you have the patience of a SAINT, Liam!

I'd be throwing things at the wall by now if I were you ...

Jenny

It's going to look nice.

Take a look. Tell me what you think. http://hubpages.com/hub/MacBook-vs-MacB … omparision

5. Inspirepub profile image86

Looks like it was worth the effort - only a table would work for that info!

Jenny

The tough part was looking up and entering the data.

If you are using Windows (I use Linux) you can create a table like this in Excel, grab a screen shot with the [Print Screen] key, and then immediately open paint or another graphic editing program to paste to it. Hit [Ctrl]+[V] to paste the screen shot (taken with [Print Screen] key) into the paint program.

If you mess up you can minimize your paint program and grab another screen shot with [Print Screen]. Just be sure you don't use [Ctrl]+[C] at anytime before pasting the image to your paint program with [Ctrl]+[V].

Once you've pasted into your paint program you can modify the image and save it as  JPG or other support image format.

working