jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Having a problem with an extremely offensive ad

1. mobilityadvocate profile image61
    mobilityadvocateposted 6 years ago

I am seeking to have an extremely offensive ad removed from my profile page.

There is an initiative in my area to overturn the recent gay marriage legislation that was passed.  There is an ad targeted to my area that is showing up on my profile page which supports the measure to overturn the new law. 

I support anyone's right to advertise and have their own viewpoint but this ad goes over the line by suggesting that homosexuals want to do harm to children and impose our views upon them.

As a gay woman, mother and stepmother, I am extremely offended by this ad purporting to speak to my character.  I have never in my life sought to impose my views upon anyone, let alone impressionable innocent children. 

I don't want to look at this ad every time I log onto my account and click on my profile page.

Please help me get it removed immediately!

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I'm sure someone knows better than I, but I believe you can go into your google adsense account and list any advertisers you do not wish to have on your page.

anyone know for sure what she can do?

1. starme77 profile image85
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats what she needs to do

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I answered on this forum

4. mobilityadvocate profile image61
    mobilityadvocateposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your replies.  I did go into my google account and make the appropriate change.  Hopefully, that will do the trick!

5. patmcaudel profile image62
    patmcaudelposted 6 years ago

hi  I just looked at your page, and didn't see anything, but an adv for an attorney's advice, so did they move it? (Depending on how you feel about attorneys I guess, trying for lightness in this, I find it awful that something like that is out there.

hope it gets changed.