jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Links - Folow vs. no follow

1. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

How do you see if your links are do follow or not?

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

If the HubScore is over 40 and your HubberScore is over 75 they are followed links.

To dig deeper you need to look at the source code.

1. fdoleac profile image60
      fdoleacposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tip!

3. 0
    TMinutposted 6 years ago

This question reminded me to go look up 'follow' and 'nofollow' linking. I was relieved to see it didn't mean what I thought it did. I thought if you didn't have a high enough score, nobody could click on your link and it wouldn't show up right on others' computers.

4. Sexy jonty profile image61
    Sexy jontyposted 6 years ago

can anybody tell me what is follow and nofollow links ......

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

it gets an annoying but a handy tool for seeing nofollow/dofollow links is called SEO for firefox - it will highlight all dofollows in red

you do have to register and will get some emails and upsells from the creator, but there are some handy tools and references there, so its worthwhile

nofollow/dofollow originally refer to whether a link passes google juice or not - for basic purposes just consider dofollow a backlink for google (the other engines give little or no preference to the code)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Post-Hub-Pages- … ng-Lexicon

1. LRobbins profile image79
      LRobbinsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great advice, thanks. I hadn't heard of this before either.  I thought I was covered with Google Analytics but I'll have to try this.

6. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 6 years ago

A no follow link tells searches engines that the link should not be influenced in the site ranking. If you post a no follow link on a high pagerank site, it won't make your pagerank higher.

7. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 6 years ago

The Firefox SearchStatus plugin is also free, and I don't think you even need to register it, and it will highlight nofollow links as well.

8. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the nofollow highlighting is a bit of a novelty - the real meat of the add-on is the ability to see detailed stats in your search results including PR, yahoo position, number of pagelinks, domain age ...the list goes on