jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Google, Bing, Yahoo ranking higher thru Shetoldmeso?

1. Michael Willis profile image80
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I did a research today on several of my hubs just because I was curious. I used a search engine called "bingle" which is Great!!! it will show bing and google side by side on your computer screen and you can compare results.
    I found that my articles that I linked to shetoldmeso.com had a far better page rank than the ones from hubpages!!!
    I thought hubpages had a high rating. SO I am curious why I am doing better with shetoldmeso.com than hubpages. Of course on shetoldmeso.com it is a link to my full article on hubpages, but would it be better to use my time there or here? Especially money wise. I prefer Hubpages...but we all want to make money and viewers. I am curious why I am doing better in ranking with shetoldmeso.com than hubpages!
    Has anyone else seen this with their hubs?

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

You still have to write the Hub in Hubpages, before you can post it in shetoldme.com.  As long as searches can find your Hub and visit, does it really matter about how they get there?

Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That would be true if traffic came to my page from Shetoldmeso. But I have not seen that. It is the higher ranking by shetoldmeso that I question.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is interesting. Can you be more specific?

Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Mark. I opened through bingle, both the bing and google search page. I typed in the words...Mandated Health Care for Business. The "shetoldmeso" link to my hub on hubpages ranked on page 3 in bing(10 listings per page) and it was on I think it was page 14 or 15 of bing directly to the hubpages listing of my hub. It was similar in the google search engine.

2. CMHypno profile image90
        CMHypnoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do get some traffic from shetold me.  I think it could be to do with the page rank.  My Omm Sety hub still has 0 page rank and if you search the term 'Omm Sety', the shetoldme link comes up first.  I can only put that down to the fact that the shetoldme link page has a higher Google page rank of 2?

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

to show you an interesting example that is exactly opposite to yours

i hired someone to backlink all my hubs on shetoldme

ive made 2/usd in adsense and 56 cents from chitika from there site, none of my money hubs (about 10 best performers) show up from shetoldme on first page, yet all my hubs do.

Perhaps this just shows a flaw in your backlink strategy? as in you dont have many?

Then again, we are remembering that google gives a boost to new content? and shetoldme could outrank your hub for the first week or so until its reindexed right?

Bingle seems like a real cool tool, thanks for teh headsup...personally im hoping bing totally fails, so i dont have to pay attention to bing optimization tricks

4. Michael Willis profile image80
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply sunforged.  I acutally found out about bingle from a hub here on the site. Can't remember the author, but it was written in a hub about how to get better ranking on Bing.

working