jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Google crawlers and robo.text issue

  1. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

    Usually, I don't see "blocked" when I check on Google; but I just checked and since yesterday a few Hubs have been blocked.   I went through the thing about "how to fix if you got robo.text", but I don't what they mean when they say to add "x" to the top of "whatever".

    Does anyone know anything about this (how to fix it, why it happens, etc.).  I know absolutely nothing about any of it.   hmm

    1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

      Excuse my ignorance - where are you checking and where does the "blocked" message come up?

  2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

    As you don't own the HubPages site nor have access to the root files, you can't add any .txt files to your Hubs, as you would if you owned your own domain.

    So whatever instance Google is talking about, you can't apply that coding or methods to your Hubs.

    1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

      thanks for this information

  3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

    relache, thanks.  I didn't know what "over the file" meant in Google's tip for fixing the problem, so I didn't know if it was something that applied only to one's own site or one like this one.  (There's a lot of Google talk that I don't about.   lol  )

  4. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 6 years ago

    id like to know the context of the "blocked" message also